Business Unit Operations Manager
Arthur Wright and Associates Florence, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position requires Automotive Manufacturing with metals and P & L experience.
Business Unit Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the business unit of a division meeting objectives as identified by the Corporation's Win Strategy. Manages the Profit and Loss (P&L) asset performance of the business unit. Develop world-class manufacturing operations through the use of automation, documented processes and a team of empowered employees to continuously meet customer expectations. Maintain close contact with customers to gain insight into their needs as well as general market requirements for business unit products.
- Provides leadership for the Value Stream Manager, Marketing Manager, Business Development Manager and their respective teams. Fully support the Division General Manager.
Interacts with current and prospective customers, trade associations, regulatory or government agencies, all levels of the organization including corporate officers, group and corporate staff functions.
- Provides leadership for the development and execution of strategic marketing plans to support the business unit’s business plan in parallel with the organization objectives. Oversees the launch and management of new products, services, and associated brands to meet profit goals through effective marketing programs. In addition, provides direction and recommendations based on factual data relating to products, advertising, markets, pricing, strategic planning, acquisitions and competitive activities.
-To profitably grow the business unit consistently and annually. Works with current and potential customers to promote and leverage company technologies, systems, products and services.
-Establishes and maintains premier customer service. Leads by example.
- Accountable for driving Lean Initiatives, Strategic Procurement and Strategic Pricing initiatives throughout the operation to ensure they are fully embraced and implemented.
-Develops a budget plan and manages the business unit within budget constraints.
-Maintains familiarity with competitive environment within geographical area of responsibility.
-Represents the operation at the business unit and division levels.
-Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development. Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
-Ensures that the business unit conforms to local, provincial and federal government regulations. Promotes business unit within industry, manufacturing, trade associations and local community.
Business Unit Manager Qualifications:
-10+ years of experience in a high-volume automotive manufacturing environment.
-Good with Lean Manufacturing.
-Excellent knowledge of management and marketing principles, industry practices, company and competitor products, technology, and service capabilities.
-Knowledge of business and operational processes; proposal development, contract negotiations, and program management. May require knowledge of international budgeting and acquisition processes and procedures.
-Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through others typically acquired through ten or more years of increasing experience and responsibility including prior leadership and/or program management role.
-Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving / resolution skills and a team focus.
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to top management, customers, and employees.
Please download a detailed resume to the application - otherwise a short form resume will be sent and your qualifications cannot be viewed for consideration. Please do not use Zip Recruiter's resume offered, or a Linked In resume - it is not enough information!
Salary will range between $80,000 and $100,000 per year.
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and AssociatesWhy Work Here?
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!
Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.