This position requires Die auto parts manufacturing experience.
Please download your detailed resume to your application and include your personal email address and phone number on your resume. Please note that 1 out of 3 resumes do not provide enough information so downloading your detailed resume is highly advised!
Metals Maintenance Manager Summary of Responsibilities
Provides maintenance support to all departments and management of the Maintenance Department.
Maintenance Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for all three shifts of maintenance activities
- Manage all facility activities and personnel reporting to this position
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with all internal customers, plant management and team members; Maintain positive team member relations;
- Promote and practice “safety first” by immediately addressing any hazards, defective equipment or unsafe conditions within the department
- Oversee and direct Maintenance team members on all three shifts in safe, quality-minded and productive manner with a sense of urgency to attain production priorities as scheduled
- Maintain effective department communications through a prioritized work list, plant meetings, daily meetings, and weekly department meetings
- Maintain and continuously improve department organization and housekeeping standards
- Facilitate natural cross functional work teams by rotating team members through all areas of plant
- Determine, achieve and improve productivity, quality, environmental, health and safety goals
- Support new program launches
- Provide motivation and a results-oriented environment
- Review all major department projects from start to finish to ensure proper techniques are being used
- Report on status of departmental projects as required
- Conduct performance evaluations of Maintenance staff as specified by company goals
- Ensure all team member documentation is maintained
- Sign all departmental purchase orders to insure items are needed and best quality for least cost
- Interface with maintenance vendors and material suppliers to insure purchase of proper materials
- Utilize lessons-learned philosophy in continuous improvement activities
- Update preventive maintenance and work orders as needed
- Complete correspondence, forms and reports in Microsoft Office and other required programs
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Encourage safety and housekeeping practices and lead by example
- Promote and facilitate Open Door Process without reprisal, effective communication and Fair Treatment
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities
- Adhere to customer requirements, Business Operating System and company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfactions
- Able to work well with others; build and maintain positive team member relations
- Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members, suppliers and customers
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours as needed
- Able to use computer software as required
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Must have excellent human management skills, be decisive and always setting a good example
- Must have a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent equipment diagnostic skills
- High school diploma with Electrician Journeyman status preferred
- Knowledge of departmental processes and procedures including dies.
Salary $95,000 - $125,000 a year
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and Associates
Why Work Here?Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!