Do you want to be part of a dynamic, rapidly growing state of the art manufacturing company? We are looking for dedicated individuals with a desire to rise within our organization. We have multiple locations and a solid future. You can expect superb salaries, excellent benefits and on the job training.
This position requires Auto Parts Manufacturing Experience and Permanent United States Citizenship for consideration.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
Manufacturing Engineer Description:
- Continually evaluate safety, ergonomics, productivity and quality while improving process. Maintain all jigs, fixtures, and tools in-house.
- Serve as a liaison between machine tool manufacturer and shop employees during new equipment start-up.
- Provide support for machine set-ups and training.
- Trouble-shoot in production departments to minimize down-time.
- Provide and implement training that will enable personnel to better perform their departmental functions as needed.
- Furnish emergency tooling or alternate methods to support production.
- Initiate and formalize cost savings at both plant and division levels.
- Recommend and review new equipment purchases and plant layout to improve production.
- Evaluate new equipment run-off and current equipment performance using SPC.
- Productive management of Capital programs and expenditures
- Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Advise on corrective actions.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process
- Trouble shoot and resolve re-occurring manufacturing process issues.
- Prepare justification documentation for capital expenditures.
- Assist in tool design and manufacturing process development.
- Assist in the development of cost saving measures through the continuous improvement process (Kaizen).
- Supply cost estimates to marketing for new and existing product lines.
- Work closely with product engineering in product changes/new product introductions.
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees.
- Cross functional opportunities to Business Unit to include quality, supervision, and scheduling functions.
- Investigate and implement safety and ergonomic changes in the manufacturing setting.
- Research and purchase new manufacturing technology.
Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications:
- Permanent United States Citizenship – our client will not provide sponsorship now or in the future.
- Auto Parts Manufacturing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- 3+ years experience with Robotics, Electronics and PLC's
- Experience with PPAP's & CNC Programming
- Fixture and tool design experience a plus.
- Computer literacy with MS Office. SAP Experience desirable.
A detailed resume is required to be considered for this position. Please download your resume to your application - do not use Linked In or Indeed's Easy Apply (your profile on your application) as it does not provide enough information!
Salary $65,000 - $77,000