Arthur Murray Dance Studio Schaumburg is a well-renowned, prominent ballroom dance center located in Schaumburg, IL. We take pride in delivering personalized attention to each of our students and we are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive evening receptionist with stellar customer service skills.
As well as maintaining an exceptionally professional environment, it's important to us that our studio also has an all-inclusive, family-like atmosphere. As the receptionist, your job will be to initiate and conclude that precedent with each student's experience at the studio. In addition to the aforementioned qualities, it is vital that the applying candidate is punctual, anticipates the needs of the business, follows through with each task at hand and can assimilate among a variety of personalities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting students with positive and attentive attitude
- Answering phones, promptly returning calls and responding to emails
- Scheduling lessons for students
- Completing and submitting weekly reports
- Tracking and collecting payments
- Entering new enrollments
- Light daily maintenance to keep the studio clean and presentable
- Creating files for new students
- Handling the schedule to monitor any cancellations or new appointments to ensure accuracy
- Tracking customer inquiries
- Keeping printed materials stocked and updated
- You will have a set part-time schedule - 25 hrs a week: Availability required Tues-Fri from 5pm-10pm and Sat from 10am-3pm.
- The attire of AMDS is business casual. No denim allowed. It is essential that you are dressed to impress as you will be the face of our Studio -- the first and last person that people will see and interact with in our Studio.
- Meticulous; attention to detail is a must
- Ability to deal with frequent interruptions and maintain efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to work with little supervision and keep track of assigned tasks
- Must be comfortable with initiating payment collections from students
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, internet research, social media sites
- Must be a quick learner; our studio has its own software to schedule appointments, create gift certificates, collect payments, complete enrollments, etc.
- Clear verbal and written English communication/grammar skills.
- A professional and positive demeanor both in person and over the phone
- Previous Reception/Administrative Assistant experience recommended
- We would prefer a candidate with some knowledge and/or interest in dance
Please send your resume and answer the questions via the online application ONLY. Applicants who do not answer ALL the questions will NOT be considered. NO walk-ins or phone calls will be accepted. We will be contacting qualified candidates via e-mail/message to schedule interviews.