We are a start up in the cannabis industry looking to fight social equity. We are seeking to bring a Controller with a Cost Accounting background. You will work closely with other departments such as IT, Suppy Chain, and Operations. We have amazing benefits, and a positive company culture.
- Perform month-end reporting duties (Journal Entries and Analysis) related to Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold.
- Assist in facilitation and consolidation of annual budget for the Company.
- Assist in facilitation and consolidation of monthly forecast for the Company.
- Perform duties associated with annual audit – i.e. data gathering, research, creating schedules, etc.
- Perform cost analyses for new project initiatives by analyzing internal costs, product profile requirements, and market factors to determine cost for each product.
- Reconcile quarterly ppv with customers by contract to mitigate risk in the fluctuation of raw material and packaging components.
- Perform cost analyses as it may relate to inventory, yield, labor, etc. and identify areas for cost improvement amongst the key performance indicators.
- Prepare monthly capital report as well as performing journal entries related to fixed assets and depreciation.
- Work with all department managers to ensure all production costs are being fully captured and accurately reported in financials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- MBA is preferred
- 2 to 5 years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Manufacturing accounting/finance experience a plus
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and deliver quality, on-time solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Highly organized, detailed, and proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Effective working in ERP software, Great Plains experience a plus,
- Effective working in Finance Database Management software,
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times