Special Assistant to the Co-Founder and CEO
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Special Assistant to the Co-Founder and CEO
Manager: Chief of Staff
Location: Chevy Chase, MD
Artemis Real Estate Partners is a best-in-class commercial real estate investment management firm headquartered in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We are seeking a Special Assistant to the Co-Founder and CEO to provide direct administrative and operational support for the CEO’s daily workflow, and business writing for internal and external audiences. The Office of the CEO team includes an executive assistant/scheduler, a corporate events manager and a Chief of Staff.
The successful candidate will be energized by working alongside and in tandem with a dynamic CEO and a group of performance-driven, collaborative, and diverse colleagues in an entrepreneurial setting. They will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. This position involves executing urgent and important priorities across engagements and exercising discretion and independent judgment as the Special Assistant grows to be an advisor to the CEO. The CEO is on 24/7 and her office is expected to be, too, executing responsibilities with competence, grace, and discretion.
This is a hybrid role and a new position at Artemis that requires strong analytical and written communication skills, excellent time management, and the ability to produce high quality work on a tight timeline. It is a blend of a research analyst and an admin and can see all aspects of the business at the CEO level. Our team is fast paced, and there is a unique opportunity to explore other roles in the business after 2-3 years in seat or stay in the position if desired. This role will get unique exposure to the investment, operational, and client-facing sides of the business as well as philanthropic activities of the CEO. The special assistant will work closely with the CEO and report to the Chief of Staff.
Provide operational support for the CEO’s daily workflow.
- This position involves executing urgent and important priorities across engagements and exercising discretion and independent judgment as a reliable partner and advisor to the CEO.
- Manage the CEO’s priorities by meticulously tracking all work streams and ensuring timely response and execution.
- Prepare the CEO for all daily engagements through research, writing, and pre-meeting coordination with other stakeholders. Work with the CEO’s Executive Assistant / Scheduler to ensure all preparation is timely and thorough and to provide coverage for CEO’s schedule and day-of time management as needed.
- Ensure the CEO remains up-to-date and accurate with all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Ensure responsiveness to all stakeholders, including clients, partners, family, and friends. Manage CEO call-time by maintaining the call list, preparing call sheets, and distributing follow-up.
- Work with the CEO’s team to design standard operating procedures for the CEO and the Immediate Office, and to implement new technologies for efficiency and efficacy of operations.
- Manage CEO projects and initiatives as directed.
- Advise the CEO on business matters as appropriate.
Business writing and content creation for internal and external audiences
- Create presentations and talking points for speaking engagements. Collaborate with external partners to coordinate CEO responsibilities at events.
- Take notes and summarize meetings, manage distribution and execution of follow-up tasks.
- Manage all CEO email correspondence, including timely verbal review of correspondence with the CEO, and draft responses daily.
- Highlight daily industry press to CEO / team via email
- Work with the CEO on execution of oversight, fundraising, and programmatic responsibilities for Foundation Chairperson role and other board membership(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience directly supporting a c-suite executive preferred, but not required
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Strong preference for someone with experience in consulting, financial services and/or commercial real estate
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
- Maintains composure under high pressure situations and diffuses with ease
- Able to anticipate challenges and act in advance to identify solutions
- Acts with integrity and trustworthiness
- Experience and high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Sharepoint, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Flexibility to work long hours and weekends as required
- Able to commute to Chevy Chase, MD daily
- Ability to travel (10%)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus potential
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k plan with employer contribution
Artemis Real Estate Partners is an investment manager based in metropolitan Washington, DC, with offices in New York City, Los Angeles and Atlanta. Artemis has raised approximately $10 billion of capital across core, core plus, value-add and opportunistic strategies. The firm makes equity and debt investments in real estate across the United States, with a focus on multifamily, industrial, office, retail, hospitality, senior housing and medical office. Artemis specializes in joint venture partnerships with diverse, emerging and established operating partners, and direct investments.
Additional information can be found on our website: www.artemisrep.com.
Artemis Real Estate Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Artemis Real Estate Partners
AddressChevy Chase, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?