The Maintenance Tech is responsible to manage and assist in the completion of day-to-day activities, involving the maintenance of the equipment and facilities. Experience with machine repair, electrical and mechanical systems is preferred. Must be able to troubleshoot issues and find the root cause of the problem. This position is full-time with daytime hours, Monday through Friday in a temperature-controlled environment. The Maintenance Technician / Mechanic must be able to work independently with critical thinking skills
Job Duties Include:
- Install, repair, rebuild and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services.
- Manage and maintain all HVAC, lighting, plant air, and all building related maintenance activities.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance schedule for equipment and machinery. Follow up on adjustments and repairs as needed.
- Maintain consumable parts inventories.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Arrange for and manage, appropriate third-party contractor support as needed.
- Detect and report defective parts/tools and equipment or questionable conditions to direct production management.
- Maintain required maintenance logs and files.
- Perform routine housekeeping activities and ensure adherence to established safety procedures and requirements.
- Assist in projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Technical school education, preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Experience with printing (flexography, offset & digital), converting and finishing equipment desires
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Applicable scope of work on this job would be equivalent to electrical, heating and a/c, plumbing and small motors
- Must be able to use scissor lift and fork lift with ease, certifications preferred but not required
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs along with considerable moving of equipment/materials in difficult work positions
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, measuring devices, and testing devices common in equipment repair
- Basic math and computer skills, strong attention to detail and ability to respond to changing priorities
Why Work for Artemax?
- Exceptional benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), life insurance, long-term disability, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, wellness, and annual merit increase
- Free hot lunches provided in company cafeteria
- On-site game room, free parking, refreshments
- Employee appreciation outings and events