Network and Computer Support Technician
Artech Solutions West Des Moines, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 to $25 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical
Are you a systems or network engineer with good computer skills that you can't wait to put to good use? Do you feel unappreciated or have you become burnt out in your current position? Are you looking for something more fun and exciting that allows you to work in a supportive environment where you can learn? Are you someone who actually LIKES people and LOVES helping those not-so-fortunate souls who tend to need some computer help? Well look no further, because we've got the PERFECT position for you!
Artech Solutions, Inc. is a Managed Service Provider and IT Consulting firm located in West Des Moines. We are ready to add another full-time engineer to our support staff. We are looking for a POSITIVE and well-rounded person who likes to engage our clients and has solid technical background (1-2 years minimum experience).
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Resolve issues for clients via remote support or in person
- Recommend hardware and software improvements
- Track customer issues and resolutions
- Must be absolutely punctual and reliable in attendance
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- On occasion, some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) may be required
- A minimum of 1-2 years of verifiable, recent experience in Help Desk, IT or other related fields supporting Windows operating systems in a network and applications such as Microsoft Office
- Basic Mac support experience is helpful but not required
- Basic understanding of the concept of Virtualization
- Must be knowledgeable in printer setup and management; IP based printing and configuration, print driver management
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Must have a pleasant demeanor and be able to "smile" through the phone
- Must enjoy working with various personality traits and have a lot of patience
- An industry-standard technical certification (e.g. A+, Network+ or MCP, etc.) is helpful but not required
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
Previous IT consulting or MSP experience is beneficial but not required.
Must be available M-F, 8am-5pm and have a reliable vehicle, valid driver's license with a good driving record.
1441 29th StWest Des Moines, IA
TechnologyView all jobs at Artech Solutions