Senior Instructor - Math
AoPS Academy is a program of Art of Problem Solving, a global leader in K–12 advanced education. Since 1993, AoPS has prepared hundreds of thousands of students for college and career success through engaging curriculum, expert online instruction, and local, in-person academies.
The Senior Instructor is a veteran AoPS Academy instructor who teaches a full course load during both the Academic Year and Summer sessions. While this role will primarily teach math classes, current instructors who are interested in teaching math and language arts classes are welcome to apply.
This role reports to the Campus Director and is responsible for managing all of the administrative tasks, student / family support, and grading associated with their assigned classes. Additionally, the Senior Instructor will provide support more broadly for the campus by helping other instructors / directors with their grading as needed, designing and running content-specific in-reach / outreach workshops, and modeling expert teaching practices for other instructors through class observations and professional development sessions. During Academy breaks, the Senior Instructor will assist with grading (post-Academic Year), family meetings, on-site assessments, and open houses, as well as create PD's, create and manage inreach/outreach events, and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Teach 12 classes per week during the Academic Year and 2 courses during each session of summer camp.
- Manage all grading and administrative tasks for their assigned classes
- Support the grading needs of other instructors and directors as needed
- Hold regular office hours for students in their assigned classes
- Meet with students and families from their assigned classes to conduct various on-demand support meetings (e.g. behavioral, academic, advisory, etc.)
- Have other teachers observe their classes to model best teaching practices and assist the directors with subsequent teacher training conversations
- Assist directors with planning and facilitating professional development sessions
- Create and implement content-specific in-reach / outreach workshops for current and prospective students
- Contribute to course feedback and discussions centered around potential curriculum improvements
- Substitute for classes if needed, as schedule permits.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in math or another STEM field
- At least 2 years of prior teaching experience
- At least 1 year teaching experience with AoPS Academy
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you must be legally authorized to work in the US. We are unable to offer sponsorship, including STEM-OPT and H-1B.
Art of Problem SolvingSanta Clara, CA
EducationView All Art of Problem Solving Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.