Arsenal Products is a rapidly growing robotic systems integrator in Austin, TX that helps manufacturers reduce production costs with industrial and collaborative robots. Arsenal provides complete turnkey automation systems and robotic adhesive dispensing systems.
Arsenal is looking for a contract PLC AND ROBOTICS FIELD TECHNICIAN that is a highly motivated, results oriented, and customer focused individual with a high commitment level.
To be considered, a candidate must have proven experience performing independently at customer facilities with a variety of control systems and manufacturers. The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience deploying, repairing, and upgrading systems into a production manufacturing environment.
This contract position will require candidate to work mostly on-site at customer facilities (75%) with some work completed in an office/lab environment (25%).
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair existing automation cells in a production manufacturing environment
- Ability to quickly understand customer issues on legacy equipment that may have outdated, limited or non-existent technical support
- Assist with programming and deployment of new automated and robotic manufacturing work cells
- Demonstrated ability to program in a variety of programming languages and manufacturers of controls including controls PLCs, HMIs, vision systems, etc. using ladder logic, structured text, C++, Python, Linux
- Assist with remote monitoring and networking for data storage and/or transfer to other PCs or networks
- Assist with installation and field wiring of various hardware, sensors, and devices
- Contribute to technical documentation packages
- Develop technical/application notes where applicable, detailing start-up procedures of new machines
- Participate in design reviews both internally and with customer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related engineering field
- 5 years of experience troubleshooting, repairing, and/or deploying multiple types/brands of controls systems and/or robots for automated manufacturing cells
- Experience with PLC, VFD, HMI, Servo, Motion Control, Robot, Control Networks, and other industrial automation applications
- Able to read and develop electrical diagrams (schematics)
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members transfer information related to technical issues, budget, schedule, etc.
- Comfortable working alone or in a team environment
- Ability to discuss customer application requirements on phone or in person.
- Professional, patient, positive, confident communication style and attitude
- Organization skills, i.e. for documents, demos, work area and time management
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites (mostly within the Central, TX area)
- Experience working with and developing complex vision systems (Keyence, Cognex, NIVB)
- Proficient with AutoCAD and experience working with electrical drawings and creating new drawings from scratch
- Proficient with Solidworks
- Familiar with programming of PLCs with preference to B&R and Allen Bradley
To conform to U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20)