The Planning Manager needs to be responsible for oversight and management of the site’s operational supply chain activities which includes but not limited to quality (sales returns), direct materials, inventory, logistics, warehouse, production and labor scheduling.
- Coach, support and develop employees on your team in a manner that fosters effective collaboration and teamwork, demonstrating and modelling the core values. Enable and encourage direct reports to leverage their full potential and achieve business results. support programs.
- Establish and support individual and team performance goals that are attainable and aligned with business strategy. KPIs include OTIF (On Time in Full), Production Plan completion rate, Inventory Level Fulfillment rate, and etc.
- Actively encourage and support employee and career development; coach staff in stretch assignments and skill development critical to employees’ jobs and overall career objectives.
- Hold regular team meetings, providing timely business updates.
- Oversee and participate as needed in making or approving personnel decisions (hiring, promotion, discipline, status changes, merit and rewards administration, etc.).
- Plan organize and direct the plant operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Reviewing and approving plans for the control of planned production output, budget spending, material efficiency, engineering/maintenance effectiveness. Manage the daily plant operations which may include, but not limited to: receiving, bulk management, conditioning, maintenance, inventory management, warehouse and distribution, ensuring on-time delivery to meet both business and customer needs. Will directly coordinate various phases of plant operations. Make recommendations and assist in developing the plant’s operating and capital budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience will be considered
- 3-5 years’ experience in production operations, supply chain, or logistics
- Able to develop, coach, train and counsel others.
- Previous supervisory or significant leadership experience
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent at problem solving and decision making skills
- Priority Management skills
- Strong computer skills including: Word, Excel, PP, Outlook
- Willing and able to work in a variety of conditions (field, plant, warehouse – hot, cold, dust, etc.).
The following are preferred:
- Lean Manufacturing Experience/Understanding OR Six Sigma Certification
- Supply Chain Experience