- Posted: over a month ago
Job Description: AST, LLC is currently seeking CAT III Somali linguist / translator candidates to be considered for employment. Please review the job description below
Summary of duties include:
- Provide foreign language support services, including transcription, and translation / interpretation (comprising idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to the SCRL language(s) or vice versa) services in support of military interrogations, intelligence collection, and other operational missions.
- Provide any and all cultural and ethnic context of translations, interpretations, and transcriptions with an expert linguist’s opinion given to the supported organization or agency as to the most likely meaning/intent of terms, phrases, or statements that may have multiple valid interpretations.
- Perform document exploitation, scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents and intercepted data for key information; and must be able to supplement interpretations and translations with information pertinent and specific to professional fields; such as medicine, scientific, engineering, legal, etc. and identify and extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria as well as provide input to reports.
Native proficiency preferred, not required.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have at minimum (2) years’ experience of interpretation / translation
- Interagency Language Round Table (ILR) level 3 in both Target Language and English.
- Must have document exploitation skills
- Must have in-depth geo-political knowledge
- Must be computer literate
- Able to understand the essentials of all speech in a standard dialect and to follow accurately the essentials of conversations between educated native speakers, understand radio broadcasts, news stories similar to wire service reports, oral reports, some oral technical reports and public addresses on non-technical subjects.
- Able to produce idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to target language and vice versa.
- Able to interpret/translate using colloquial and slang words and phrases.
- Able to conduct consecutive and accurate translations, transcription, and interpretation of on-going conversations/activities and intelligence activities to/from target language.
- Able to accurately provide the cultural and ethnic context of translations and interpretations and provide advice on the cultural and ethnic significance of statements, conversations, situations, documents, etc.
- Able to accurately perform document exploitation (scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for intelligence information and identify/extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria.
- Must have at minimum an ACTIVE TOP SECRET security clearance with ability to obtain an SCI
- Must be able to pass a polygraph and a CI Focus Interview
- U.S. Citizenship
* Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Powered by JazzHR
Arrow Security Training
GovernmentView all jobs at Arrow Security Training