Arrow Security & Training LLC (AST) is a privately-owned training company with our corporate headquarters in Nashua, New Hampshire. AST is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) who provides tailored military training, training support, and a host of services to government and private sector clients worldwide.
Arrow Security & Training, LLC is currently seeking CAT II linguist/translator for work in Iraq.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide operational contract linguist support to U.S. Army operations in various locations worldwide
- Provide general linguistic support for military operations and interpret during interviews, meetings, and conferences
- Interpret and translate written and spoken communications
- Transcribe and analyze verbal communications
- Perform document exploitation; Scan, research and analyze foreign language documents for key information
- Translate and review foreign language documents; Identify and extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria; Provide input to reports.
- Linguists are required to work 12-hour shifts and in excess of 60-hour weeks in order to provide continuous contract linguist support that this 24 x 7 operation requires.
- Linguists must be available for worldwide deployment as the mission dictates.
- Working Conditions:
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally
- Able to walk long distances without assistance
Qualifications and Skills
- An excellent command of Target Language, as well as strong verbal and written American English skills (grammar, vocabulary, idioms, and spelling). Linguist work products are prepared in English. Applicants shall have native proficiency in the SCRL (ILR level 4 to 5) and a working proficiency in English (ILR level 2+).
- Applicants must hold a current U.S. Passport (or apply as soon as accepted into the program) or 5 eyes partner nations (US, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand) who have been screened by government-designated personnel.
- Applicants must have active Secret security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. (AST will process qualified candidates for a Security Clearance)
- Applicants must be willing to travel overseas
- Willingness to work shifts and extended hours in support of 24 x 7 Operations
- Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office suite.
- All applicants will undergo background investigation, oral and written skills language
Arrow Security &Training LLCNashua, NH
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.