Arrow Gear, a subsidiary of the Precision Arrow Gear Group, is the largest privately held North American suppliers of Gears, Gearboxes, Shafts, and Assemblies to the international Aerospace, Defense & Aviation verticals.
Arrow Gear Company is among the most technologically advanced gear companies in the world. Our modern Chicago facility has over 140,000 square feet and equipped with the most advanced cutting-edge machinery.
We are looking for a 2nd shift Heat Treat Furnace Operator. This position will be working in our newly renovated building with state of the art new equipment while integrating with our current equipment.
- Operate heat treating furnaces including pit carburizers, Integral quench furnaces, High temperature box furnaces with endothermic atmosphere, subzero freezers, and tempering ovens.
- Run parts through die quench presses.
- Measure parts and make adjustments as necessary to the die quench set ups.
- Make up/breakdown loads load/unload all equipment.
- Perform basic trouble shooting of all equipment.
- Communicate with supervision and co-workers on and between shifts to coordinate work.
- Keep a schedule and make sure cycle times are strictly adhered to.
- Neatly and accurately document data on permanent heat treat records.
- Perform preventive maintenance and verify equipment and gages are up to date with calibrations, PM's, and pyrometrics requirements.
- Perform centerlap and straightening on parts as required.
- Operate blasts, strip and paint and necessary.
- Handle parts without damages including nicks, dings, and corrosion from improper processing.
- Pay attention to detail and Safety requirements.
- Work in the Heat.
- Previous experience as a Heat Treat Furnace Operator
- Working knowledge of the Heat Treat requirements
Arrow Gear is an equal opportunity employer.
Arrow Gear is also renowned for expertise in bevel gear design and development. This capability, as well as an onsite heat treatment facility, places Arrow Gear as a leading producer in the global market.
Arrow Gear Company
Why Work Here?Arrow Gear is a manufacturer of high precision gears for a wide variety of industries, encompassing aerospace and commercial customers. While widely known for expertise in spiral bevel gears, Arrow offers a full range of gearing products, including spur and helical, curvic couplings and complete gearboxes. Arrow also provides a wide variety of spiral bevel gears from stock, including ground tooth gears. Arrow Gear is also renowned for expertise in bevel gear design and development. This capability, as well as an onsite heat treatment facility, places Arrow Gear as a leading producer in the global market.
Recent Management change, Great CEO. What is in it for you? Great Benefits, Competitive Salary and Much more
Downers Grove, IL