CNC Milling / Turning Machinist
Arrow Gear Company Downers Grove, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Arrow Gear, a subsidiary of the Precision Arrow Gear Group, is the largest privately held North American suppliers of Gears, Gearboxes, Shafts, and Assemblies to the international Aerospace, Defense & Aviation verticals.
Arrow Gear Company is among the most technologically advanced gear companies in the world. Our modern Chicago facility has over 140,000 square feet and equipped with the most advanced cutting-edge machinery.
- Arrow Gear Co. is looking for an operator that produces machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine.
- Plans machining by studying work order, blueprints, engineering plan, quality plan, materials, specifications, OP. drawings, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Sets-up lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces in accordance to supplied OP. drawing and quality plan.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Experience and Education
- College degree is not required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience operating CNC lathes and mills required.
- Ability to read technical mechanical drawings along with a good understanding of GD&T.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Experience operating DMG/Mori Seiki NT4300/1500 turn/mill would be a big plus.
- Experience with gear manufacturing would be a big plus
Arrow Gear is also renowned for expertise in bevel gear design and development. This capability, as well as an onsite heat treatment facility, places Arrow Gear as a leading producer in the global market.
Arrow Gear CompanyWhy Work Here?
Recent Management change, Great CEO. What is in it for you? Great Benefits, Competitive Salary and Much more
Arrow Gear is a manufacturer of high precision gears for a wide variety of industries, encompassing aerospace and commercial customers. While widely known for expertise in spiral bevel gears, Arrow offers a full range of gearing products, including spur and helical, curvic couplings and complete gearboxes. Arrow also provides a wide variety of spiral bevel gears from stock, including ground tooth gears. Arrow Gear is also renowned for expertise in bevel gear design and development. This capability, as well as an onsite heat treatment facility, places Arrow Gear as a leading producer in the global market.
2301 Curtiss St Downers GroveDowners Grove, IL
ManufacturingView all jobs at Arrow Gear Company