- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Reporting to Quality Manager, the Staff Quality Engineer is accountable for product development, and product technical support and product maintenance through the application of Quality Management System and quality tools. This position will handle projects and tasks from product inception, testing, product launch, product regulatory compliance and product maintenance. This position plays an active role in Stage-Gate processes to ensure customer expectations and product performance specification meet quality standard consistent with Arrow/Great Star policies while meeting all design control, change control and regulatory requirements foreign and domestic. This position provides technical product support to internal and external customers to ensure product requirements and expectations are communicated.
Staff Quality Engineer provides assessments, analysis and recommendations needed to ensure product development, product technical support, product launch meets project timeline and champion suppliers to produce quality and cost-effective products, parts, and services. Provides effective priority setting, project management and communication skills with internal/external customers and suppliers to ensure expectations are met. Possess the ability to adapt and multitask in a fast-paced environment and will have strong critical-thinking and problems solving skills.
• Manage all aspects of Quality Management Systems including product development, product technical support and product maintenance
• Work cooperatively within a cross functional product development team (sales, product managements, and customers) to consistently generate innovative solutions to customer and market needs
• Lead and support APQP (Advance Product/Process Quality Planning) and Stage-Gate processes of resourcing projects, new and modified products.
• Lead new and current product in prototyping, development and troubleshooting as related to design, material, or process.
• Support product compliance to RoHS, REACH, TSCA, Conflict Minerals, UL/CUL, TUV, CE, etc.
• Support and maintain Product Launch, Testing, Product Performance Specification, Product Technical support, etc.
• Collaborate cross functionally to ensure accurate product specifications and quality standards are created, revised, and implemented as needed.
• Manage or support project timeline and champion suppliers with quality standards and cost-effective products, parts, and services.
• Support product risk assessments and DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis).
• Support PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) of new and modified products with Suppliers
• Lead and support Design Control Processes (reviews, verification, validation, output, and input)
• Lead and support Change Control Processes (assessment of change request, risk management, product / process validation, test method validation, product market surveillance, CAPA – corrective and prevention action advise on regulatory requirements, liaise with manufacturing plants).
• Communicate with suppliers on change notifications and timely follow up actions both internally and externally.
• Support Control of Non-Conforming Material process, support the dispositioning of discrepant material from suppliers in a timely manner and analyze defect trends, to initiate appropriate corrective action, follow-up, and closure of nonconformance.
• Assist internal and external customers with Product Applications and technical information.
• Support and provide KPI, CoQ and weekly report to Quality Manager.
• Adhere to company policies, safety rules and regulations.
• Candidate should have minimum 2 years’ experience in Quality & Project Management.
• Required: BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Practical knowledge of Quality Management System pertinent to ISO9001 standard.
• General understanding of CAD system (AutoCAD, Solid Works, etc.)
• Knowledge of Stage Gate and equivalent Product Launch Process
• Strong communication, technical writing and presentation skills.
• Demonstrates strong quality leadership and people management skills.
• Experience with Quality Audits, Lean techniques, and Six Sigma methodologies
• Practical knowledge of Seven Quality Tools, CAPA, Problem Solving Techniques (8D, 5Why, Fishbone, Cause & Effect)
• Advanced computer skills should include (at a minimum): Minitab, Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Access Database and PowerPoint.
• Travel: Up to 25% domestic and international travel may be required.
AddressSaddle Brook, NJ
ManufacturingView all jobs at Arrow Fastener