- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for operating machine tools to produce precision metal parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications. With supervision, prepares product for paint or powder coat operations in accordance with customer requirements.
1. Operate machine tools such as saws, lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
2. Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
3. Calculate where to cut or bore using a measuring device.
4. Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
5. Determine how fast or slow workpiece is fed into machine.
6. Prepares items such as buckets, frames, and tree sheers for finishing operations to include cleaning, masking, and sanding as required.
7. Ensures items are identified with work order number prior to painting or powder coating.
8. Complies with all safety and hazardous material procedures, wears protective equipment as required to meet or exceed OSHA and company requirements.
9. Select tools and materials for the job.
10. Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
11. Change out tooling and saw blades as needed.
12. Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
13. Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
14. Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
15. Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
16. Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
17. Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
18. Replace dull cutting tools.
19. Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
20. Complies with all safety and hazardous material procedures, wears protective equipment as required to meet or exceed OSHA and company requirements.
21. Complies with all requirements of Quality System requirements.
22. May provide training to other employees on machining, assembly, inspection and/or test procedures.
23. Maintains all aspects of work place cleanliness and organization.
24. Performs other job tasks or duties as requested.
1. Required to maintain accurate records.
2. May be required to drive forklift trucks and operate other metal working machinery, overhead cranes and lifts.
3. May be required to get additional training or certification.
4. May provide assistance to other departments, as needed.
5. May be required to participate in Small Group Improvement Activity Teams, daily Team Meetings and Team Exercise sessions.
6. Required to identify opportunities for improvements and submit in accordance with Continuous Improvement Program.
Required: High School graduate, or equivalent.
Desired: Experience performing welding, mechanical and electrical system assemblies, plus 3-5 years as Machinist and/or Mechanical Assembler. 2 Year Degree in related Vocational Field of Study.
· Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Arrow’s Quality policy is easy to remember: it is simply "Delight the Customer"! There is no need to compromise safety or equipment utility as it remains our goal to continually push the envelope and introduce new, innovative products designed to improve safety and reduce customer "Total Cost of Ownership".
Arrow offers competitive pay, great benefits, a team-focused culture, and genuine stability – we’ve been doing this for 50 plus years. We’re always looking for good folks to join us. Come GROW with us!
Arrow Acquisition LLC
16000 W. 108th St.Lenexa, KS
Get fresh Precision Machine Tool Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.