Retail Assembly Tech (Merrifield)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hiring retail product assemblers immediately in Merrifield, Virginia!
Around the Clock Services is currently looking to hire Merchandise Assembly Technicians in over 95 locations – including Merrifield, Virginia & surrounding areas of Fairfax, Falls Church, Reston, Warrenton, Haymarket, Sterling Park, Woodbridge, Springfield parts of NoVA.
We provide assembly technicians to large national retail chains, on-site, assembling toolboxes, grills, wheelbarrows, furniture, mowers, cabinets, playsets, exercise equipment, and more! We provide assemblers & resources on a weekly schedule based on the need of each client and the arrival of new inventory.
We are seeking an Assembly Technician to become an integral part of our team! You will perform assembly line tasks as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. We are only looking for applicants who can start work almost immediately.
You will be servicing our many in-store retail customers, building bikes, grills, furniture, wheelbarrows, fitness equipment, patio lawn sets & anything else they might request. After completing training there is an opportunity to work as an In-Store Product Assembler with some of our biggest customers, like Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart.
- Work with a team to assemble entire products or components
- Reading print instructions and using various hand tools
- Hand assemble and inspect RTA products according to required specifications
- Mechanically inclined: use of hand, air/power tools (drills, impact, sockets, wrenches)
- Rotate through tasks for specific production processes
- Conduct quality inspections on products and parts
- Package or repackage products for display or delivery
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Computer literate - invoicing your assembled products with a smartphone app
- Communication with store associates/management
- Previous experience in manufacturing, assembly, or other related fields
- Familiarity with assembly tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a working mobile phone.
- Must have access to the internet.
- Must be able to work remotely.
- Must have valid identification & eligible to work in the U.S.
- Heavy lifting is required (up to 80lbs repeatedly and daily).
- Must be able to stand, squat, and bend over for long periods of time.
- Read and execute assembly instructions, assembly drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to assemble RTA products.
- Operate computer to check schedules, update manufacturing status of jobs.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and a good communicator.
- There are local positions available but if you are flexible and can travel more work is available.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Cordless drill gun (at least 2 batteries)
- Assorted bits and adapters for drill gun
- Basic hand tools
- Smartphone or Smart Device with WIFI or Mobile internet
- Weekends available.
- Full-time, part-time, and on-call positions available.
Helpful but not required:
- Willing to travel throughout the city or possibly the state.
- Previous product assembly experience.
You must be able to stand for long periods of time, kneel, bend and lift up to 50 pounds, including over your head. You must have your own RELIABLE transportation for local and out of town travel. You are responsible for getting yourself to work every day.
Although efforts are made to keep you within your local travel area of 5-50 miles, out-of-town travel may be regularly required. You must have your own tools in order to work and be eligible for training. Assembly technicians are expected to have every tool necessary to perform each service we offer with them at ALL TIMES. You must have regular internet access via a smart phone or other mobile device. Smartphones and tablets are acceptable for most website applications, as long as they have regular internet access.
We are looking for self-motivators and go getters!
This position requires you to be able to drive between store locations. You must be willing and able to travel to various customer sites. Once fully trained (approx. 1-2 weeks, paid training), you will be out on the road, traveling to and working at our customer sites. Travel time and scheduling needs may vary.
This is an independent contractor position. Compensation is paid by the finished piece - therefore high energy, fast-paced individuals or teams are most successful. The faster and more accurately you work, the more money you’ll make.
Previous experience is great, but if you are handy with tools, and capable of learning quickly in a fast-paced environment, we have a job for you. Product assemblers needed in Merrifield, Virginia. Hiring merchandise assemblers in NoVA – Falls Church, Woodbridge, Manassas, Alexandria, Chantilly, VA assembly job openings.
Flexible schedule - Paid WEEKLY
Powered by JazzHR
Around the Clock Services
ManufacturingView all jobs at Around the Clock Services