Real Estate, Design & Construction Services Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Department: Real Estate
Status: Full-Time, Salary Exempt
Work Location: South Portland, ME
Company Values: Caring, Passion, Commitment to Excellence
Overview: The Real Estate, Design & Construction Manager is a critical role for Aroma Joe’s. This role will be responsible for directing the activities of store design and the construction of Aroma Joe’s locations. They will maintain brand standards and ensure those standards are
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate and train our Development Agents on the art and science of site selection and market planning.
- Participate in Franchisee and Development Agent Training sessions.
- Sit on the Real Estate Committee and provide site analysis and critique.
- Review leases that are submitted to HQ to make sure they are consistent with Aroma Joe’s requirements.
- Facilitate required construction inspections with Development Agents and Franchisees.
- Maintain a lease management and tracking system.
- Oversee construction strategy in the areas of site development, new construction, remodels, and relocations.
- Mentor and oversee Development Agents as they assist their franchisees through the planning and construction process.
- Direct the development and upkeep of Aroma Joe’s prototypes.
- Maintain brand standards in all Aroma Joe’s locations.
- Coordinate and monitor construction schedules and submittals with Development Agents.
- Manage national vendors for architecture, contractors, millwork companies, and more to ensure consistency across the brand.
- Coordinate cross-functionally on equipment testing and sourcing.
- Complete other projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Auto CAD & Revit experience preferred
- Commercial leasing knowledge
- Knowledge of construction
- Project Management knowledge
- Leadership ability
- Demonstrates effective communication and facilitation skills
- Able to be a leader and team player that excels at working with cross-functional stakeholders from concept to finished product.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Demonstrated ability to influence other and affect change
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior
- Ability to be solutions oriented, proactive, results driven and a self-starter that can work with little supervision.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to shift gears quickly
- A thorough knowledge of real estate development strategy, negotiations, and execution.
- Candidate must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, project management, planning, and organizational skills
- Computer skills including Excel and experience using mapping and demographic software.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects.
- High degree of energy, initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
- Great people skills – with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships and company culture
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or related discipline or equivalent combination of work experience
- Five to Seven (5-7) years of overall professional Business experience, preferably in corporate real estate or construction management.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Creative and able to think outside the box
Local domestic travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly sitting for long periods of time. Compliant with the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Hours of Operation
This is a full-time position. Standard office hours of Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST. This position may require additional work hours outside these work hours, including weekends to complete job requirements.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. Team Members may be required to perform other duties as requested by their leader(s) in compliance with Federal and State laws.
The same passion and upbeat attitude can be found at our corporate offices. The Aroma Joe's family is a group of hardworking and experienced professionals who are driven by the excitement of building our brand. Our team enjoys comprehensive employee benefits, a pet-friendly workplace and company-sponsored social outings. Giving back to the community is a key part of our corporate culture and we participate in community and charitable events throughout the year.
Aroma Joe's FranchisingWhy Work Here?
This is a fast growing brand with a culture of positive energy!
Aroma Joe’s is one of the nation’s leading handcrafted beverage chains and is headquartered in Portland, Maine. This rapidly growing brand currently has 89 locations across seven states. Aroma Joe’s is a local destination for hand crafted coffee and espresso drinks, unique infused blends, signature AJ's RUSH Energy Drinks and a variety of all-day food offerings. Aroma Joe’s serves positive energy in a friendly and upbeat environment by focusing daily on the customer, the community and the cup. The same passion and upbeat attitude can be found at our corporate offices. The Aroma Joe's family is a group of hardworking and experienced professionals who are driven by the excitement of building our brand. Our team enjoys comprehensive employee benefits, a pet-friendly workplace and company-sponsored social outings. Giving back to the community is a key part of our corporate culture and we participate in community and charitable events throughout the year.
AddressSouth Portland, ME
Real EstateView all jobs at Aroma Joe's Franchising