Farm Equipment Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Independently perform advanced diagnostics, service repairs, maintenance work and pre-delivery inspections on customer and/or dealer-owned portable power equipment (saws, trimmers, etc.), walk-behind (mowers, snow blowers, etc.), riding lawn, farm and utility equipment, utility vehicles. vehicle snow equipment, occasional heavy equipment, and accessories.
· Perform advanced diagnostics and repairs on equipment as above.
· Participate in service education programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
· Maintain current knowledge of John Deere, Mahindra, Stihl, Ariens and competitive products
· Maintain condition of company service vehicle, inventory, tools, and equipment
· Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion
· Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
· Complete all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
· Account for all time on a timecard and for all materials and parts used in performing assigned duties
· Perform diagnosis and/or repair and maintenance in the field when required
· Exercise good customer relations and handle customer complaints as well as maintaining working relationship with fellow employees
· Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· 3+ years of experience performing service repairs
· Ability to perform advanced repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment
· Ability to follow Technical Manual procedures
· Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of diesel and gas equipment
· Ability to read schematics and diagnose hydraulic and electronic faults
· Demonstrate skill in use of complex technical diagnostics of modern computerized systems
· Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment
· Ability to use Service Advisor (preferred) and basic computer functions (required)
· Valid G license and clean driver’s abstract
· Attention to detail that allows proper verbal and written communication to customers and support staff
· Ability to speak, read and write English. French is an asset.
· WHMIS, First Aid and Forklift Certification an asset.
100 Hwy 17ENorth Bay, ON
Get fresh FARM Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.