Utility Engineering Manager
Arnett Environmental Nashville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position is located in The Villages, FL. Relocation Assistance is provided to the right candidate.
Arnett Environmental, LLC is a specialized engineering firm that provides utility system planning and management, capital improvement plan development and management, utility operations management, environmental permitting and compliance, water resource development and management, and water conservation services. We pride ourselves on our commitment to provide outstanding service. At Arnett Environmental, you can apply your skills to help develop The Villages and grow with the company that is integral to the development and ongoing operation of the utilities that serve the community. The Villages, which is the largest and fastest growing single-site residential planned community in the nation, currently consists of nearly 130,000 people served by eight utility systems (public and private), which include four wastewater treatment plants, thirteen water treatment plants, and one of the first storm water capture alternative water supply systems in Florida.
Arnett Environmental provides a diverse list of services that range from oversite of new greenfield water, wastewater and irrigation facilities to program management and rehabilitation of the oldest infrastructure within The Villages, in addition to daily oversite of the operation and maintenance of all the utilities.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated licensed engineer with 10 to 20 years of experience. Responsibilities to include capital improvement planning (development and implementation), utility master planning, project management, QA/QC review of submittals, construction management, annual utility budgeting, and utility operations management associated with the water, wastewater, reclaimed water, and storm water irrigation systems in The Villages.
We are a small friendly office with a focus on family, core values, strengths and relationships. Our success as a team is demonstrated on a daily basis, and we take pride in our accomplishments. We want our employees to succeed and we have a true interest in helping them reach their goals.
In addition to the opportunity to work on rewarding projects alongside an outstanding team, we also offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus eligibility after 6 months
- Comprehensive medical coverage and term life insurance provided at no cost for the employee
- Dental, vision, supplemental life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options are available
- 401(k) with employer match
- Generous vacation time, sick time and paid holidays
- Highly ranked Charter School eligibility (K - 12th grade), exclusively for employees and businesses located in The Villages
- Long term client base so no need for business development
- Unlimited growth potential
- Located in a beautiful community with restaurants and shops within walking distance
Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Direct master plans, facility designs, alternative evaluations, process optimization, cost analysis, permitting, construction engineering services, and facility startups.
- Oversee public and private utility operations including: asset management, long term capital improvement planning, direction of corrective actions for operational issues, annual utility budgets, SCADA systems, contract negotiations, cross connection control program and backflow programs.
- Lead engineering investigations to diagnose infrastructure/operational issues and provide recommendations and solutions, then oversee the implementation of the recommendations.
- Oversee all aspects of capital improvement projects from scope development to final completion. Including the preparation of contract documents (via outside consultants and internal resources) and assist in the bidding of these projects; to assure project completion is on time and budget.
- Lead construction management for conformance with contract documents and construction procedures.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 10 to 20 years of experience in Engineering for Water/Wastewater Utilities
- Must have strong oral presentation skills and strong written communication skills
- Work well in multidisciplinary team environments and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of programs, specifically Excel and Word
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position
1038 Lake Sumter LandingNashville, TN