PROGRAM ANALYST (Title 32)
Department of the Army
Army National Guard Units
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a PROGRAM ANALYST (Title 32),
Position Description Number D1010000 and is part of the IL 65
TCB, National Guard.
**About the Position: This is an open continuous announcement.
Initial cutoff will be 18 November 2019. Recruitment will continue
through the announcement closing date until the position is
Learn more about this agency
As a PROGRAM ANALYST (Title 32), GS-0343-7/9, you will serve as the
analyst and consultant for the management and administration of
programs within the directorate or division; serve as key
coordination point for all program requirements.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Exercise knowledge of management principles, organizational
- Knowledge of agency administrative guidance and operating
information required by the chief to determine feasibility and
legality of proposed program and operational plans.
- Perform duties necessary to accomplish program analyst functions
essential to Illinois Army National Guard daily readiness
- Summarize and interpret significant data collected and relates
- Identify and analyze deficiencies in resource consumption,
standards, plans, and estimates to determine cause and impact on
- Aid functional areas in identifying areas of record
or improved and initiates methods to operate under the new or
- Provide recommendations to subordinate organizations for proper
- Report expenditure status to management and National Guard
- Based on budget guidance received from higher headquarters,
- Anticipate requirements for program funds by reviewing execution
funds from one program to another to correct funding shortfalls.
- Review the status of program milestones requests payment of
been properly satisfied.
- Formulate and review all Annual Funding Guidance/Programs
budget adjustments are properly staffed.
- Develop, collect, and maintain various historical data used to
future training and operations programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you
Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in
National Guard, required prior to the effective date of
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard
National Guard in the military grade listed in this
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Recruitment and relocation incentives may be available for this
- PCS expenses may be authorized.
- Awaiting vacancy of incumbent.
Military Grades: Warrant Officer/Enlisted
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training in
administrative, professional, investigative, technical or other
responsible work which demonstrates analytical ability and a
practical and theoretical knowledge of the functions, processes and
principles of management; and experience using computer and
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-09 Level - Must have at least 24
months experience which has provided a working knowledge of the
National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures, and
techniques; and experience analyzing, interpreting and developing
policies and procedures of local management. GS-07 Level - Must
have at least 12 months experience which has provided knowledge of
the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures,
and techniques; and experience applying practices, theories,
techniques, and methods of management.
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the lower grade
level in the Federal service in order to be considered for this
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer
work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps,
AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
**Verbiage displayed on your resume or application must contain your
own words. You may refer to position descriptions, i.e. the general
and specialized experience located within the vacancy announcement,
to assist with describing work experiences; however, resumes or
applications received in verbatim will not be considered. In your
resume you will need to address the general and specialized
experience listed below. Please use as much detail as needed, giving
dates (months and years) of the experience, position title and how
the experience was gained. This information is needed to determine
if you are qualified for the position.**
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, successful
completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to
a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets
the GS-5 level requirements.
**You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support
your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must
provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education
requirements for this position.**
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are
required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the
Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or
you are not eligible for appointment in this agency
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do
not have in electronic form, view the following link for information
regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting
documentation will be used to determine if you meet the
qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally
qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared
to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your
level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported
by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or
you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are
found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred
to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies
(knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):