Supervisory Police Officer
Department of the Army
Army Installation Management Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Wainwright, AK 1 vacancy
Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in
accordance with agency policy.
About the Location: Fairbanks is the largest city in the
interior region of Alaska and offers unique shopping and dining as
well as outdoor activities such as fishing, hunting, hiking, camping
and skiing. Spectacular views of the Northern Lights and also the
site of the Yukon Quest International sled dog race. Summers are
usually warm with temperatures in the 70s and 80s with up to 22
hours of light; winter temperatures average 8 to -20 degrees with as
little as 3 hours and 41 minutes of light.
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as full deputy to the Installation Provost Marshal.
- Exercise full delegated authority in assisting the Provost
providing guidance for, and/or evaluating activities pertaining
to law enforcement and physical security operations.
- Exercise initiative and executive leadership in maintaining
- Develop law enforcement programs and operating plans for the
- Responsible for planning, supervising and managing the
- #### Job family (Series)
- Officers, Police
- Police Officers
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
- Must be able to maintain requirements of the Individual
- Pass pre-employment and periodic medical examination (physical,
- Obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Must obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- This position is covered by the 1996 Lautenberg Amendment to the
felony crime of domestic violence are not eligible for the
- Subject to random urinalysis testing in accordance with
- Must be able to wear chemical protection masks, gloves, and
- Pass a pre-employment and periodic medical examination
- Must be qualified and certified in the use of chemical aerosol
- State certification, if required, for radar and breathalyzer
- Successfully graduate from Department of the Army Police
- Must be certified to use police weapons, equipment, cameras,
information retrieval systems.
- One-year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Must pass physical agility test requirements.
- This is a designated Mission Essential position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain clearance certification with
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment
authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You
will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and
to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories
you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of
document requirements for all employment authorities.
- - 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly
describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education,
your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience GS-11: One year of specialized experience
which includes performing duties that demonstrate knowledge of laws
and regulations, law enforcement operations, practices and
techniques and involved responsibility for maintaining order and
protecting life and property. Performing specific duties such as
directing elements of law enforcement operations; supervising and
critiquing the training of law enforcement personnel; providing
guidance based on a broad range of knowledge of law enforcement laws
and regulations. This definition of specialized experience is
typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in
the federal service (GS-10).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Criminal Investigation
- Criminal Law
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managing Human Resources
- Oral Communication
Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks
of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-10).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the
required experience in order to qualify. For this job there is no
education substitution for experience, you must qualify based on
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 19 - Physical Security and Law
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- Currently, this position is authorized 3.27% Cost of Living
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit
for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is
- Further certification from this announcement may take place up
- Since Alaska is considered an overseas location, statutory
- Applicants selected from the contiguous United States
states plus Washington, D.C., on the cont...