Armtec Defense Technologies Camden, AR
- Posted: over a month ago
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Camden, on the Highland Industrial Park, where Armtec and several other major prime contractors produce defense energetics.
Company Name: Armtec Defense Technologies, a subsidiary of Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG)
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 250
Title: Safety Technician
Job Family: Safety
Reports to: EHS Director/Manager/Engineer
Works with: Senior Management, Supervisors, Production Techs, Safety Techs, Production Assemblers, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance
Location: Camden, AR, USA
Type: Full Time
Performs Safety assessments, audits and training, reviews SOPs and audits safety requirements of each, performs equipment/facility audits, assists with New Hire Training etc. Assists in problem solving, both internally and externally, issues and monitors appropriate issuance of permits, such as burn permits, and Lock Out Tag Out permits. Ensures safety systems performance with quarterly inspections, periodic facility/equipment grounds, deluge operation and daily manufacturing compliance. Performs accident/incident/near miss investigations and assists in emergency situations with first aid/first responder skills as required. Conducts and assists in safety training for employees, visitors and contractors. Works directly with facility Engineers on the Safety Action Request program, involved with the facilities Industrial Hygiene program and facilitates the respiratory program and training. First aid/First Responder as required.
- Performs Safety Assessments, audits and training.
- Reviews SOP requirements.
- Issues and monitors hot work permits, confined space entries, and lockout/tag out permits.
- Ensures Safety systems performance.
- Investigates accidents/incidents/near misses and prepares accident reports.
- Assists in emergency situations.
- Coordinates with facility Engineers on safety programs.
- Monitors the facility industrial hygiene program.
- Provides oversight of Safety Programs such as the Respiratory Protection Program, Lockout/Tag-out Program, and Confined Space Entry Program.
- Tests noise levels.
- Tests air flows of process exhaust system.
- Conducts personal air sampling.
- Prepares samples for analyses.
- Trains employees on safety and health requirements to ensure compliance with OSHA and DOD regulations.
- Oversees field activities and monitors for health and safety violations.
- Enforces use of PPE and other critical safety equipment.
- Monitors decontamination of personnel leaving hazardous work zones.
- Develops and monitors emergency action plans to comply with the Disaster Response Plan and the Emergency Planning Right-to-Know (EPCRA) Act.
- Identifies potential causes for accidents and recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent accidents and illness including reviews of near misses.
- Assists Management to prepare the EHS budget.
- Tests conductive floors and building grounding systems to comply with the DoD Surveillance Standard for Lightning Protection.
- Complies with and maintains ISO 14001 system.
- Proficient with computer applications required.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Understands and conducts himself/herself by Armtec’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- Knowledge of safety rules, regulations and procedures, company equipment, facility capabilities and manufacturing operations.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, walk throughout production areas including stairs, ability to wear a respirator and appropriate protective equipment.
- Capable of training in all areas of Safety assessments, audits, SOPs, and New Hire Training.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and work without close supervision.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and interact with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability in the Armtec competencies for all
employees, customer focus, ethics & values, problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Associate’s degree from accredited university or current enrollment in a 2 year program preferred.
- 2 – 5 years related industrial, explosive pyrotechnic, environmental related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. DoD experience is a plus.
- Forklift certification, CDL license, CPR certification, First Responder Training, Hazardous Safety Certifications.
- Normal work schedule is Monday through Thursday – 4 ten-hour days
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Vet
Powered by JazzHR