- Posted: over a month ago
Maintenance Mechanic, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Coachella, at Armtec’s world-class, sole-source production facility for felted fiber nitrocellulose combustible cartridge cases for medium and large caliber military ammunition; and pyrophoric payloads for training grenades.
Company: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE: TDG).
Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Family: Facilities
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Works with: Mid-level Managers, Supervisors, Engineers and employees
Location: Coachella, California
4+ years in the trade with knowledge in industrial machinery maintenance, machinery mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics and troubleshooting, three and single-phase electrical systems troubleshooting and HVAC systems, as well as be familiar with work order request processes. The Maintenance Mechanic should be strong in two fields, must be capable of reading written documents, manuals, work instructions, completes repairs and maintenance of process equipment and works in a team environment with minimum supervision. The level II mechanics is expected to perform equipment and machinery preventive maintenance, keep machines in working order, detect, diagnose and report needed repairs on machinery before it breaks down and be self-motivated to carry requested work through its completion in a timely manner.
- Follow all Safety guidelines, rules, regulations as they pertain to the day-to-day task assigned to the maintenance mechanic.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and as well as equipment repairs on production and facilities equipment and machinery.
- Have a strong knowledge of at least two of the following: industrial machinery maintenance, machinery mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, HVAC steam generation.
- Completes work orders, and log time correctly for each job.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to speak, write, and read complex English.
- Understand and be familiar with MSPI’s, SOP”s. lock out-tag out.
- Ability to troubleshoot in a logical order.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Work on a team environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and be available for any shift.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and accurate and have the ability to work with people effectively.
- Maintain and clean work areas, free of safety or environmental hazards.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understand and live by Armtec’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- Have at least four years of proven work experience in an industrial setting. Must be dependable and responsible. Must meet 2 or more of the following qualifications.
- General troubleshooting and repair of industrial equipment.
- Knowledge on vacuum systems.
- Knowledge on steam generated boilers.
- Knowledge on HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge on welding various metals and/or soldering.
- Knowledge on principles of support and facilities equipment such as: gearboxes, agitators, belts, and chain driven equipment.
- Knowledge on rebuilding of support and facilities equipment such as: motors, pumps, pneumatic, hydraulic and general equipment.
- Knowledge in hydraulics, pumps, piping and valves.
- Knowledge on general plumbing such as PVC, galvanized and black pipe.
- Knowledge in pneumatics, compressors, regulators, separators and auxiliary equipment.
- Demonstrate ability in the Armtec competencies as an employee: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education & Professional Work Experience Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Person*
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
* U.S. Person is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (I-551 Permanent Resident Card/Green Card holder).
Powered by JazzHR
Armtec Defense Technologies
AutomotiveView all jobs at Armtec Defense Technologies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?