Legal Assistant - Finance and Real Estate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Armstrong Teasdale LLP has a long and distinguished track record of delivering sophisticated legal advice and exceptional service to a dynamic client base around the world. Whether an issue is global or local, large or small, Armstrong Teasdale provides each client with an invaluable combination of legal resources and practical advice in nearly every area of law. The firm has 13 offices throughout the U.S. and in the U.K., and more than 640 attorneys and staff firmwide.
Armstrong Teasdale is seeking a Financial and Real Estate Legal Assistant to join it’s team. The Financial and Real Estate Legal Assistant provides administrative assistance to all finance, real estate and bankruptcy timekeepers. This individual works within a team environment to promote uninterrupted workflow in service.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Review and proofread all documents and correspondence produced, check for proper formatting, spelling and grammatical errors, as well as ensuring that all signature pages, attachments, exhibits or enclosures are accurate and complete before distribution
· Work with the team in the preparation of correspondence and documents utilizing knowledge of financial, real estate and transactional procedures
· Maintain client files (both paper and electronic), organize and file documents in designated order, and complete electronic scanning
· Conduct accounting tasks, including processing expenses, reimbursements, invoices, pre-bills, and entering time into the Firm’s time and billing system, reviewing of billing statements, and editing same for preparation of final billing
· Manage and prioritize client dockets, calendars, workload and deadlines
· Perform digital transcription tasks
· May be responsible for extensive review and edit of prebills/invoices for finalization and submission to the Bankruptcy Court Trustee, along with a finalized Armstrong Teasdale fee application
· Perform conflict checks, draft engagement letters in connection with file opening, and complete the file opening process
· Draft responses to audit letter requests on behalf of Firm clients and obtain and provide information to accountants
· Execute electronic court filings and download court pleadings
· Coordinate and make travel arrangements
· Effectively track and manage CLE reporting
· Effectively communicate with clients and court clerks
· Decision Making – Is aware of issues and asks questions when issues arise; completes day-to-day tasks with team
· Communication – Effectively communicates through written and verbal forms; shares information when asked and understands the appropriate level of confidentiality
· Leadership – Gives positive feedback to others; is developing skills to mentor others; asks questions; is assigned work; and focuses on day-to-day tasks
· Continuous Learning – Attends required training; accepts planned change willingly
· Teamwork – Works as a member of the team, and understands the goals of the team; understands that team members' needs, ideas and solutions vary
· Alignment to Values – Is aware of the Firm's values and consistently demonstrates them; is aware of the meaning/strategic goal of the Firm's Diversity and Inclusion values; has a deep understanding of one's own core functions
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: N/A
Required Experience: 2-4 years office experience including MS Office Suite
Preferred Experience: Legal office experience
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Physical Activity: The employee will be required to sit for prolonged periods and work on a computer.
Travel Required: N/A
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
EEO Statement: Armstrong Teasdale is an equal opportunity employer and will make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws. At Armstrong Teasdale, we define diversity and inclusion broadly and focus on helping professionals of all races, religions, national origins, gender identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations and physical abilities feel a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion are core values of the firm, and we recognize the richness they bring to our workplace.
Armstrong Teasdale LLP
2005 Market Street 29th FloorPhiladelphia, PA
LegalView all jobs at Armstrong Teasdale LLP
Get fresh Work From Home Legal Counsel Real Estate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.