- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Armstrong Teasdale LLP is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join the firm. The Administrative Assistant is tasked with supporting the Office Manager in the administration of day-to-day office operations and providing excellent customer service to all guests and personnel of Armstrong Teasdale.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees all conference center and reception duties including greeting guests and accommodating all guest needs; answering and directing phone calls; processing parking validations; tracking inventory of snacks, beverages, and cleaning supplies; may include processing incoming and outgoing packages
- Serves as the AutomATe administrator for the office, schedules conference rooms, and supports all meeting coordination and videoconferencing set-up
- Will be required to maintain a current notary commission and be available to notarize documents as requested
- Handles various accounting tasks such as submitting reimbursement requests in AutomATe and follow-up; check requests; may assist with credit card reconciliation
- Assists with handling scanning of incoming mail; large mailing projects; printing envelopes and labels, certified mailings; and preparation of binders
- Provides support to timekeepers and practice group legal assistants with time entry; preparation of expense reports and check requests; CLE tracking; coordinating travel arrangements; performing conflict checks; drafting engagement letters; completing file opening, and general overflow clerical/legal work
- Maintaining client files (both paper and electronic), organizing and filing documents in a designated order, and completing electronic scanning
- Drafting, reviewing and proofreading all documents and correspondence produced, checking for proper formatting, spelling, and grammatical errors, as well as ensuring that all signature pages, attachments, exhibits, or enclosures are accurate and complete before distribution
- May coordinate or assist with facilities requests, such as liaising with the building landlord, scheduling visitors with building security; and submitting work orders to building management?
- May support the Office Manager with office needs such as turning over workstations, maintaining floor plans and master office lists; providing support for events; assisting with scanning and copying projects; handling the basic printer and copier maintenance; and supporting IT with help desk requests and maintaining the server room
- Decision Making – Identifies issues and provides suggestions to day-to-day problems; prioritizes and effectively completes daily tasks
- Communication – Effectively communicates through written and verbal forms; shares information when asked and understands the appropriate level of confidentiality
- Leadership – Gives positive feedback to others. Is developing skills to mentor others; asks questions; is assigned work; and focuses on day-to-day tasks
- Continuous Learning – attends required training; accepts planned change willingly
- Teamwork – Actively participates in the team and can provide feedback and solutions; listens and responds constructively to others' concerns
- Alignment to Values – Is aware of the Firm's values and consistently demonstrates them; is aware of the meaning/strategic goal of the Firm's D&I values; has a deep understanding of one's own core functions
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: N/A
Required Experience: 2-4 years of legal office experience
Preferred Experience: 2-4 years of office or customer service experience with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and computers. Notary license preferred or ability to obtain after employment commences.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Physical Activity: The employee will be required to sit for prolonged periods and work on a computer; the employee must also have the ability to walk, stand and bend, as well as lift at least 10 pounds.
Travel Required: N/A
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
EEO Statement: Armstrong Teasdale is an equal opportunity employer and will make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws. At Armstrong Teasdale, we define diversity and inclusion broadly and focus on helping professionals of all races, religions, national origins, gender identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and physical abilities feel a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion are core values of the firm, and we recognize the richness they bring to our workplace.
Armstrong Teasdale LLPWhy Work Here?
A great place to work and a growing organization with untold opportunities!
With lawyers in offices across the United States, Europe, and in China, Armstrong Teasdale LLP has a demonstrable track record of delivering sophisticated legal advice and exceptional service to a dynamic client base. Whether an issue is local or global, practice area-specific, or industry-related, Armstrong Teasdale provides each client with an invaluable combination of legal resources and practical advice in nearly every area of law. The firm is a member of Lex Mundi, a global association of 160 independent law firms with locations in more than 100 countries, and the United States Law Firm Group, a network of 18 law firms headquartered in major U.S. cities. Armstrong Teasdale is listed in the Am Law 200, published by The American Lawyer, and the NLJ 250, published by The National Law Journal. For more information, please visit www.armstrongteasdale.com.
300 Delaware AvenueWilmington, DE