Clinical Director - Haven House
- Posted: September 09, 2022
Do you believe that all youth should have the opportunity to be safe, supported, and reach their full potential? Do you care deeply about the youth in our community, seeing the inherent value and strengths in every individual? Do you stand on principles of honesty and transparency, striving for justice and fairness for those you serve?
Are you ready to lead with your expertise and experience and build unique programs that strengthen youth? Are you in it for the long haul, not willing to give up when faced with challenges or adversity? Are you ready to serve alongside a dedicated and passionate team who is mission-focused?
If the answer is yes, then you might be Haven House Services' first Clinical Director.
Every youth comes to Haven House with their own unique story. Some are homeless. Others are in crisis due to difficult family situations, problems at school, and/or mistakes they have made. Many have a history of trauma, abuse, or neglect. But no matter the path that leads youth to Haven House, each youth is supported to identify their goals, overcome challenges, and build the skills and get the resources needed to be safe, supported, and successful.
Haven House Services is the place where youth who need help find it. With 11 programs that help more than 1,200 each year in Wake County, youth overcome their challenges and find a path to success.
Want to know more? Visit Haven House's website at https://www.havenhousenc.org/.
What will you do as Haven House's Clinical Director?
Reporting to the COO, the Clinical Director will prepare the agency for growth and change in the context of Medicaid Transformation by increasing internal capacity to deliver outpatient therapy services and manage billable mental health services in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Provide strategic direction for programmatic planning and growth to include Medicaid transformation, contributing to budgeting discussion, practice development, and partnership opportunities
- Define the integrated care model for Haven house; recruit and train staff on the identified model
- Implement an evidence-based practice outpatient model, building in quality assurance processes to maintain fidelity to the model
- Maintain (limited) caseload of outpatient therapy clients
- Provide clinical support to clinicians across the agency and supervision to provisionally licensed master's level clinicians and master's level interns
- Work as part of a team to ensure authorizations are submitted in a timely manner, monitor approval/denial rate of authorizations, and participate in tracking billing data to maximize reimbursement
- Review and monitor referral information for all billable programs and work with program staff to drive referrals to programs to ensure sustainable growth
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders from the systems that impact youth, to include, but not limited to referral sources, juvenile court, and regulatory agencies
- Monitor and lead performance and quality improvement initiatives that measures the success of program efforts
- Provide strong leadership, to include promoting a culture that reflects the organization's values, encourages good performance and rewards productivity in the identified programs
- Participate in the agencies afterhours or on-call system
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience including program development and management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working directly with individuals with mental/behavioral health needs
- Master's Degree in social work, or related field with full licensure (LCSW, LCMHC, LMFT, LPA) required; MSW/LCSW preferred
- Demonstrated ability to balance and communicate clinical quality concerns and productivity expectations
- Strong working knowledge of NC Medicaid Transformation and behavioral health delivery system in NC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to convert big picture goals to operational tactics
- Knowledge of mental health diagnosis within current DSM5, individual and group modalities
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices that support individuals who receive services from Haven House
- Sensitivity to the service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Ability to build and lead a collaborative team with confidence and humility
Think you are Haven House's Clinical Director?
To apply, please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact email@example.com.
No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party posting sites. Review of candidates will continue until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with the requirements of the position. The range is $75-90K. Benefits include medical, dental, life, short term disability, and long-term disability; health savings account; flexible spending account; accrued vacation and sick time; and 12 paid holidays.
HealthcareView all jobs at Armstrong McGuire
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?