Executive Director - Teachers2Teachers Global (U.S. based)
Armstrong McGuire & Associates Chapel Hill, NC
- Expired: July 20, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Teachers2Teachers Global (T2TGlobal) is an international non-profit that builds quality math education programs through collaborative partnerships that drive greater social justice. Quality mathematics education, put simply, creates a more equitable world.
T2TGlobal is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and strategic leader to serve as its next Executive Director.
Founded in 2014, T2TGlobal works in schools, primarily in Guatemala and Ecuador, that are committed to providing a high-quality education but face systemic barriers. By bringing together educators to collaborate cross-culturally, T2TGlobal enables teachers to experience evidence-based instruction and gain the courage and confidence to build critical thinking and problem-solving skills in their students. These skills, in turn, promote positive social change.
T2TGlobal lives by its three core values:
- Integrity: using evidence-based strategies to drive lasting change.
- Possibility: believing in the ability to strengthen communities through education.
- Collaboration: working directly with education professionals to attain their goals.
As a young non-profit with a talented, passionate and energetic staff and access to the top thought leaders in the math education field, T2TGlobal is poised for growth and expansion of its already considerable impact. In 2020, for example, T2TGlobal was able to reach 343 educators, create 60 hours of math education video in Spanish, and deliver over 171 hours of math educator professional development training. With increased funding, T2TGlobal is well-positioned for strategic growth while maintaining its deep commitment to educational and program quality.
T2TGlobal is committed to building a staff team that consists of a diverse mix of talented people who are passionate about its mission. For more information about T2TGlobal, please visit https://t2tglobal.org/.
The Leadership Opportunity
Reporting to the Board of Directors (BOD), the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the overall leadership of the organization, guiding T2TGlobals operations and growth. He/she/they will be the organizations chief advocate, spokesperson, and representative. The ED will work with the BOD, T2TGlobals cofounder Dr. Chadd McGlone, and staff, as well as other partners [e.g., Education Advisory Board (EAB)], to build on past successes and forge new collaborations and partnerships with related organizations and funding sources (individual donors, foundations, and corporate sponsors).
The ideal candidate will be an innovative, entrepreneurial, people-oriented individual who has proven success cultivating partnerships, securing financial support, and guiding a growing, international organization.Key Responsibilities
The ED will be entrusted with the following key responsibilities:
Resource Development: Expand the breadth and depth of relationships and partnerships that will lead to sustainable, diversified funding streams and significant philanthropic investments in T2TGlobals future. Actively participate in fund development activities and the cultivation of individual, foundation, and corporate donors. The ED is the chief fundraiser for T2TGlobal.
Leadership: Work with the BOD and staff to set strategic goals and priorities. Collaborate with the current leadership team to provide direction and management to T2TGlobal including the operations of fiscal, administrative, and programmatic oversight. Develop a unified sense of purpose among staff and BOD members. Provide input on operational activities alignment with strategic goals. Foster a success-oriented, entrepreneurial environment within the organization that is consistent with the mission, values, and vision of T2TGlobal.
Board Relations: Serve as a critical partner with the BOD, providing relevant, timely, and transparent updates, introducing new opportunities for consideration, and seeking professional guidance from BOD members regarding relevant governance issues. Actively participate in BOD discussions and planning activities, engaging members as appropriate regarding critical issues and opportunities.
Community Engagement: Plan and implement strategies to promote public awareness of, and engagement with, T2TGlobal. Act as the chief spokesperson for the organization, articulating the vision in an inspiring way and building relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and educators to support and enhance the mission. Cultivate T2TGlobals visibility and relationships in the NPO/NGO community through personal engagement and effective communication.
Operations Oversight: Oversee all facets of T2TGlobals operations and global partnerships, working collaboratively with the directors of each area. In conjunction with the BOD and EAB, recruit expertise in areas that advance T2TGlobals mission.
Attributes of the New Leader
The ideal candidate is an experienced nonprofit leader who possesses the following:
- Proven track record of fundraising and relationship building that leads to financial investment
- Exemplary and collaborative leadership and management skills
- Experience and comfort with leading organizations through times of successful change and growth.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, decision-making, and negotiating skills
- Strong knowledge of non-profit governance with significant experience interfacing with governing boards
- Familiarity with educational theory and practice preferred; background in mathematics and education a plus but not necessary
- Minimum of five years of fundraising and strategic management experience in a complex environment; ideally, at least three years of experience at a senior managerial level Bachelors degree from an accredited university, with advanced degree strongly preferred
- High degree of cross-cultural competencies
- English and Spanish fluency preferred
In addition to possessing core functional competencies, T2TGlobals next ED should be:
- Deeply committed to the mission of T2TGlobal
- A strong, visionary leader who thinks strategically and can implement tactically
- A positive cultural influencer who leads with transparency
- An articulate communicator and storyteller who inspires investment
- Willing to empower staff while holding them accountable
- Able to advocate effectively for and build partnerships that advance education for social change
- A team builder, consensus builder, and collaborator
- Able to multi-task, balancing internal and external stakeholder needs
- Approachable and genuine
Salary $90,000-$120,000. The ED must be a US citizen but may live anywhere, provided that international travel is convenient from that location. Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally on a regular basis.Application Process
Armstrong McGuire & Associates is conducting this search in partnership with T2TGlobals Board of Directors. To apply, click on the link to the Executive Director position profile at ArmstrongMcGuire.com/apply. You will see instructions for uploading your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or through third-party sites.
T2TGlobal is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Armstrong McGuire & Associates
AddressChapel Hill, NC
EducationView all jobs at Armstrong McGuire & Associates