“Gardening without Guesswork”
Armstrong Garden Centers, serving 125+ years, is a leader in the Garden Center Industry and is on the search for exceptional candidates to join our retail garden center teams. Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve?
Summary Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer service and sales; general maintenance of nursery, pricing and stocking of inventory; watering of perishable inventory; develop a customer following.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer service and sales
- Watering all sections of nursery
- Price and stock inventory
- Register functions
- Assist in receiving merchandise
- Help with customer delivery orders
- Pull transfer material
- Participate in Sales Meetings
- Read and learn about product lines carried in the Garden Center
- Follow safe work practices
- Perform other related duties and assignments as requested
- General nursery clean-up: sweeping, dusting, washing windows, restroom clean-up
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have horticulture knowledge and retail experience.
- Must pass a written product knowledge test (available at any garden center).
- Knowledge in California horticulture with the ability to communicate the knowledge clearly to customers
- Great customer service skills, organized and ability to follow directions
- Personable, outgoing individual, willing to learn nursery person skills; enthusiastic, self-motivated individual.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Medical, dental, life insurance after 30 days
- Paid holidays and paid vacation after 90 days
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Hourly rate will commensurate with experience
Work Schedule- What to expect!
· Garden Center hours (variable with season), weekends required
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
- Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking.
- Unassisted lifting limits between 30 and 50 lbs.
- Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day.
- The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.
Grooming Standards- Our Brand Promise!
Neat and clean grooming standards apply to all Armstrong Garden Center employees.
Armstrong Garden Centers
Why Work Here?Together, Armstrong Garden Centers and Pike Nurseries is the largest independent retail garden center in the United States. With over 50 retail, wholesale and production facilities in California, Georgia and North Carolina, Armstrong and Pike are leaders in every facet of the green industry. Our pride of ownership can be seen in all that we do – from our exceptional services to our quality plant material all of which are out-shined by the fabric of our company and reason for our success – our associates.
Incredible opportunities for growth in an EMPLOYEE OWNED company!!