“Gardening without Guesswork”
Armstrong Garden Centers, serving 125+ years, is a leader in the Garden Center Industry and is on the search for exceptional candidates to join our retail garden center teams. Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program provides you with the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Summary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is a key part of the overall success of the nursery and helps maintain plants quality and store cleanliness.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Assist in home deliveries and customer carry-outs
- Ability to navigate store territories and customer home locations
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to multi-task and plan delivery routes
- Respectfully maintain company property; work truck, materials, etc.
- Respectfully maintain customer property and product purchases
- Exceptional communication and the ability to handle customer service questions
- General nursery clean-up: sweeping, dusting, washing windows, restroom clean-up
- Watering and fertilizing all sections of nursery
- Price and stock inventory
- Register functions
- Assist in customer carry-outs
- Read and learn about product lines carried in the Garden Center
- Follow safe work practices and report any unsafe working conditions to management
- Perform other related duties and assignments as requested
Education, Prior Work Experience and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
Personable, outgoing individual, willing to learn nursery person skills; enthusiastic, self-motivated individual.
Compensation – We have great benefits! (Benefits available to full-time associates)
- Medical, dental, life insurance after 30 days
- Paid holidays and paid vacation after 90 days
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Hourly rate will commensurate with experience
Work Schedule- What to expect!
· Garden Center hours (variable with season), weekends required
Physical Environment/Working Conditions- Safety First!
Requires extensive use of back, legs, knees, arms, feet and hands for lifting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching overhead, and walking. Unassisted lifting limits between 30 and 50 lbs. Individuals may be required to do any or all of these situations throughout the work day, with an emphasis on walking and standing for a major portion of the day. The outside environment will comprise most of the day with some inside building activity.
Grooming Standards- Our Brand Promise!
Neat and clean grooming standards apply to all employees of Armstrong Garden