Our flooring plant in South Gate, CA is currently seeking a Line Electrician (mechanical experience) to support our operations. This facility opened in 1938 and first produced asphalt tile. Vinyl tile replaced asphalt in the mid 1950's. The plant has grown slowly but steadily from a 40,000 square foot facility to today's 250,000 square foot. Today, the plant employs about 120 people to produce, maintain and ship our vinyl-flooring tile. The South Gate plant is committed to safely delivering quality products to our customers.
Location: 5037 Patata Street, South Gate, CA 90280
Line Electrician Salary: $31.54/hour
How you'll contribute to the team:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems including installing conduit and wirings, motors, instrumentation, recording devices, starters and temporary wiring setups.
- Diagnose and correct electrical malfunctions so as to maintain equipment in a state of operating effectiveness.
- Maintain and repair plant instrumentation.
- Develop wiring diagrams as necessary.
- Use precision instrumentation such as voltmeter, ammeter, megger, wattmeter, etc.
- Repair, maintain, test and calibrate instrumentation an equipment of various types including flow meters, thermocouples, HMI, laboratory control instruments, loop controllers, PLC and process control and related networks, chart recorder, servo motors and systems and various other forms of electrical/electronic equipment.
- Install, maintain and repair a wide variety of cranes, elevators, power doors, hoists and related equipment.
- Complete records and inventory of supplies necessary for performance of jobs.
- Perform preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance on electrical devices and other equipment.
- Maintain personal work tools.
- Participate on Lean Manufacturing teams as opportunities arise.
- Perform other duties as required to maintain or improve plant reliability.
- Conduct daily safety risk assessments on routine and non-routine job tasks.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Understanding of the importance of working safely and ensuring the safety of others.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 E safety requirements and an active knowledge of NEC
- Safe and proper use of hand tools, power tools and shop equipment.
- Aggressively maintains a safe working environment to include good housekeeping practices of assigned work area and comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety policies.
- Experience repairing, operating and starting up / shutting down a variety of equipment. Examples - dust collectors, packers, hydraulic systems, pneumatic transfer systems, compressors, water towers, chiller, pumps dryers, softeners/polishers, AC units, propane systems, mobile equipment, piping / plumbing, lubrication systems, and other facility related equipment
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret electrical and process drawings
- Basic computer skills to include MS office products including email and internet.
Work Experience and Expectations
- Experience completing a variety of PM / PDM routine activities and equipment overhauls. Including recommending changes to preventive maintenance tasks. Demonstrated communication skills at all levels and the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability and willingness to work extended shift hours, other shifts, call-ins, holidays and weekend and overtime.
- Able to work alone or with help to diagnose and correct mechanical & electrical problems.
- Accept constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations. This includes continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances
- Excellent communication skills and interaction with coworkers, supervisors and contractors. Teamwork is a must.
- Experience utilizing documentation processes such as work orders, reports & work history, cost tracking, parts usage, labor costs, and job procedures.
- Initiate and complete all necessary documentation to comply with company and regulatory policies.
- Assist in training and orientation of co-workers.
- Perform quality workmanship and complete work in a timely manner.
We'll be excited if you have:
- 2yr technical degree (i.e electrician, electronic technician) and 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with PLC's (AB Preferred) is a plus but NOT required. Most of our production processes are PLC based. Ideal candidate either has the experience or has the capability to learn PLC's.
- Current/demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office: able to use computer to access email, send and receive email, create and work with spreadsheets and documents using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
You'll see it in the vibrant colors of your school hallway, doctors and nurses will walk it while caring for your loved ones, your family will gather on it while creating everlasting memories. We are North America's #1 producer of resilient flooring products and our mission is to inspire great spaces.
That's us. That's Armstrong Flooring.
Community & Philanthropy: We have a heritage of investing millions of dollars in programs that enhance the neighborhoods where we live and work. Additionally, we're proud that our employees regularly and willingly give of their time and talents to support the efforts of local organizations
Sustainability: Armstrong Flooring has a long-standing reputation for sustainable innovation, starting with using cork waste to make linoleum floors over 100 years ago. We continue to develop products that have lower environmental footprints, and in some cases, reduce the environmental footprints of the buildings where they are installed.
At Armstrong Flooring, every employee has a development plan and discussions around career growth. We have many employees with diverse backgrounds and career paths. We offer the following opportunities which promote a growth culture:
- On-the-Job training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Instructor-led & online courses
- Job shadowing
- Cross-functional team projects
- Choice of competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Prescription plan with mail-order options
- 401k with company match
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation with graduated schedule & option to purchase more
- Paid holidays
- Annual incentive plan
- Product discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free coffee
- Company celebrations & department gatherings
- Recognition program
- Service awards
- Casual work environment