Armstrong Consulting Group is seeking a SQL Server Developer/DBA for an exclusive Client in the Greater Hartford, CT area.
- In-person interview required
- IMMEDIATE NEED and will start as soon as next week!
- DIRECT Perm position. NO contracting options.
- Client will NOT sponsor H1 visas.
- Local candidates preferred
Direct Perm position that offers: 35 Hour Work Week/5% 401k Match/22 Days Paid Vacation/Health & Dental
*Forward resume for Salary info*
The Senior SQL Server Developer/DBA will work closely with Project Management, Business Analysis, Quality and the Management Team during all phases of the SDLC and will ensure that deadlines are met and output is of the highest quality. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads and performing data modeling in support of all departments. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Design, develop and maintain required reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Optimize database schemas, queries, cubes and reports.
- Implement complex business logic requirements.
- Data analysis to verify solutions are correct.
- Database monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Implement new technology, plug-ins and APIs.
- Maintain and operate SQL Server development and production environments.
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution.
- Respond to business requests in a professional manner with high sense of urgency.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- 5+ years hands-on MS SQL Server Administration experience required.
- Experience building/optimizing cubes with SQL queries and experience with Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS) including database development, deployment, configuration, security and troubleshooting.
- Strong proficiency with core Microsoft Office Tools, specifically Excel.
- Understanding of insurance data and experience building insurance reporting solutions would be an advantage.
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in a high availability environment.
- Excellent logical and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of Business Objects would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a get-it-done personality.
- Very high attention to detail even in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics.
- Microsoft training and certification will be considered a strong asset.