HVAC Service Technician
- $21 to $30 Hourly
Please note; this role services the greater Sarasota area!
HVAC Technician Job Summary
We have an immediate opening for an experienced HVAC Technician. You will travel to each client’s location to inspect their current equipment, identify problems with their units, and perform necessary repairs or routine maintenance. When required, you will install new systems and ensure they are running smoothly. We work with both commercial and residential customers, so you must know how to work with small and large HVAC equipment. Our ideal candidate has at least one year of professional HVAC repair experience and can work independently.
HVAC Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to homes and businesses as scheduled
- Determine customer concerns with their current HVAC system
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety
- Perform necessary repairs and routine maintenance
- Install new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources
- Two or more years minimum of experience in Residential & Light Commercial.
HVAC Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of an HVAC training program at a vocational school or apprenticeship
- Current state HVAC technician license
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants required
- Proficient with manual and power tools
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Reliable and self-motivated
Nate Certification/ Clean driving record/ Positive attitude/ Good communication skill/ Own tools
- Braze and solder metals to connect piping
- Service, install & repair air ducts, indoor unit, drain pans, drain lines, and outdoor units
- Install and calibrate thermostats, humidistat, solenoids, and timers
- Inspect inoperative indoor or outdoor units to determine causes of trouble
- Service & repair indoor or outdoor units, and replaces or repairs defective parts
- Perform preventive maintenance on drain cleaning, coil sanitizing, and motor lubrication
- After repairs, completely evaluate the operations of the equipment using gauges, voltmeters, leak detectors, sling pycnometers, static, and velocity instruments
While our attitude and culture are fun, pleasant, and fast-paced, our top goal is always to produce great solutions for our customers.
Armstrong Air & Electric has been the State of Florida's leading HVAC Company for over 25 years. Armstrong Air & Heating recognizes that loyal, committed, dedicated employees bring together positive success results with customers. We are a team that wins every day because of the team work of the employees that sincerely care about the customer.
Armstrong Air & HeatingSarasota, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.