Job Summary: Find your success in the growing promotional products industry at Armory Print Works. You'll be responsible for selling custom printed and embroidered apparel as well as innovative promotional products (everything from keychains and pens to laser-etched yeti coolers and drinkware to signage and displays) to help your clients meet their marketing and branding objectives. Basically, any product that can be custom embellished with a logo could be something we may incorporate into a project. Use your creativity to develop ideas for your clients and use your sales expertise to turn those ideas into closed sales. You'll have the support of our dedicated design and sales support team. The ideal candidate is well-spoken, confident, and great with customers. You should enjoy developing relationships with customers and gain a sense of satisfaction from providing them with great creative advice, bringing together the product and message that will drive their marketing strategy. Once trained, you must be able to demonstrate with confidence an expertise in promotional products and imprinting processes/technologies. The promotional products industry is a cross between advertising / promotions and product sales. Armory Print Works is a fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for growth.
- Salary plus sales bonuses.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
Nature and Scope: Works under the direction of the Sales Manager with some exercise of independent judgment. Works mostly inside initially, transitioning to mostly outside after an extended training period.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Email and Phones:
- Check incoming email and respond accordingly
- Check voicemail and respond accordingly
- Take incoming calls from new and existing customers.
- Assist with customer questions
- Communicate with customers on order details
- Set customer appointments for consultation meetings
- Call or Email customers when orders are complete and ready for pickup
- Follow-up with customers post-sale to track project effectiveness and ROI
- Meet with prospective customers and follow our consultation process
- Effectively articulate product information, features, and benefits appropriately.
- Proactively reach out to customers regarding upcoming projects
- Maximize customer potential
- Develop a strong working relationship with clients through great service and follow-up.
- Develop new business by pursuing your own networks and contacts, and by closing leads provided to you
- Meet/exceed your sales revenue and margin objectives
- Resolve issues as needed
- Ensure customer art is sent to the art department when required.
- Attend professional, community, and industry networking events
- Develop and hone 30 and 60 second sales pitch
- Establish mutually beneficial professional relationships
- Sourcing and order management
- Find products from suppliers as needed, check inventory, request quotes
- Enter order information into order software or delegate to sales support team
- Make adjustments to orders as needed
- Check order status, ensure the production schedule meets the deadline
- Acquire order approvals and payments
- Become very familiar with standard products
- Find creative solutions and suggestions for customer projects
- Art and Graphics
- Acquire vector art files from customer
- Analyze provided artwork for quality and usability
- Create photorealistic mockups for customer projects as needed (training provided)
- Create detailed art proofs
Job Factors and Requirements:
- Attention to Detail
- Works Independently
- Displays Initiative
- Time Management, Organization and ability to prioritize workload
- Works well under pressure and with distractions
- Results oriented and motivated by achieving sales goals
- Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active Listening skills
- General computer skills
- Relationship building skills
- Pleasant demeanor and positive, helpful attitude
- Self-Confident, A real “Can-do” attitude
- Willingness to learn and participate in professional development
- Ability to do what is needed on a day to day basis
- Sound judgment
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills
- Analytical ability
- Ability to handle difficult situations professionally
- Adhere to the company’s ethics, dress code, and privacy policies.
- Participate in the continual improvement of systems, processes, policies, procedures and materials relating to client service and general operations of the company.
- Attend and participate in company meetings and sales meetings.
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity, patience, management of anger and stress, and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus, but not required
- Graphic design training or experience selling promotional products, ad specialties, branded merchandising and corporate marketing programs would be helpful, but is not required.