Director of Nursing - Jarratt
Directs and manages the administrative function of a correctional facility to include oversight of all facets of facility operation, fiscal responsibility and day-to-day management of staff. Oversees and reviews all external contracts to ensure adequate reimbursement for clinical services and adherence to contract requirements.
- Directs and coordinates administrative functions and enforce adherence to federal, state, correctional health care standards and institutional regulations and guidelines in the provision of services.
- Directly and administratively supervises facility employees including final approval of hiring decisions, performance appraisals, scheduling, training, employee development, disciplinary actions, and conflict mediation; determines staff salary levels; develops procedures and assigns work tasks to improve efficiency.
- Reviews interpret, recommends and implements administrative policies to ensure adherence to contract and regulatory requirements; identifies and resolves issues regarding administrative and fiscal matters and regularly evaluates administrative systems and services.
- Serves as the administrative/operational representative/point of contact for the facility.
- Participates in the design, establishment, and maintenance of the organizational structure and assists in recruiting professional staff and independent contractors as required.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the facility and performs periodic cost and productivity analysis.
- Represents the facility externally and internally on committees and at meetings as required.
- Will adhere to Armors Standards of Professional Conduct, and will incorporate and/or be supportive of Armors four core FISH! Philosophies i.e. Play, Be There, Make Their Day and Choose Your Attitude.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within the detention/correctional facility.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skill, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of federal, state, correctional health care standards and institutional regulations and guidelines in the provision of contract services.
- Administrative planning and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and institutional operating procedures.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and administration in a correctional facility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of contracting process and associated federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Ability to supervise and train employees to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
State Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree in business, health care administration, nursing, public administration preferred.
- Three years of correctional health care experience.
- Other relevant professional experiences or educational backgrounds will be considered as deemed appropriate. However, when licensure is required by local, state, federal or contractual guidelines, we will not alter our position on those requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in an office work environment
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- Limited exposure to physical risk
Armor Correctional Health Services, Inc.Jarratt, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.