Java Developer (US Citizen)
- Posted: September 23, 2022
Armedia is a CMMI-DEV Level 3 appraised and ISO 9001:2015 certified systems integrator providing Business Process, Document, Enterprise Content, Electronic Case, and Records Management services and solutions to many federal agencies and corporations, ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Armedia has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing companies and we have been recognized as one of the 'Best and Brightest Companies to Work' for by the National Association for Business Resources. We value and promote diversity and we pride ourselves on fostering a culture inclusive of all identities.
Java Software Developer involves working as part of a team on the design and implementation of Java-based solutions using either traditional SDLC or Agile software development methodologies. While working as part of a team, you will have the opportunity to work with other Developers and Java Architects, and you will participate in module and or application designs. Eventually, you will lead module and or application designs once you have demonstrated your ability to do so under guidance from senior developers.
You will work with senior developers to implement the designs. You may also be assigned to maintenance projects during which you will gain a good understanding of the application and the code base, and will be expected to fix bugs, and design and develop enhancements based on customer requirements and project needs. Eventually, you will lead the implementation of module and or application designs once you have demonstrated your ability to do so under guidance from senior developers.
Over time, you will be expected to grow into a senior developer role, and from there into an application architect or technical specialist role under mentorship from senior developers and architects – You will own your career growth. Innovations and practical process improvement suggestions are welcome.
You will be expected to know and understand common Java design and development concepts but you may not have significant prior experience with designing and implementing complex solutions. You will be expected to have working knowledge and experience with relational or NoSQL database designs, and to have a good understanding of how to map database entities to Java objects and vice versa. You will be expected to have a good working knowledge of, and experience with XML, XSL, and JSP. You will be expected to be able to develop and deploy web applications from any of the popular IDEs into Tomcat or any JEE application server.
You will be working with popular Java-related technologies and frameworks such as Spring, MyBatis, Hibernate, JEE, Jenkins, and Maven.
- Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
- Designs and codes applications following use cases, functional requirements, design process flows, and screen mockups.
- Develops RESTful web services to implement
- Develops a single 508 compliant interface that serves users on workstations, tablets, and smartphones using customer preferred templates for standard look and feel
- Develops interfaces with upstream and downstream systems, database updates, and may interface with Exchange/Outlook, a document object repository, and external agencies.
- May develop migration routines to support legacy data conversion, forward fill, and back fill to keep legacy and new systems in sync until legacy system retirement.
- Bachelor's degree is required or 2 years experience as Java Developer
- 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Agile Software Development Methodologies
- Angular, React or other Java scripting frameworks
Armedia offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, discounted disability insurance, a 401k retirement plan with company match, generous PTO, and paid holidays.
Armedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TechnologyView all jobs at Armedia, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?