- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ASYMCA Killeen is looking for a Security Guard to join our team. The Security Guard is responsible for protecting the client and assigned property from any criminal activity or trespassing.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication, excellent observational skills and previous surveillance experience, preferably in a law enforcement environment. This person should have the ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations while exhibiting patience and a superb attention to detail.
- Surveillance – Patrol the grounds or buildings as assigned, regularly. If suspicious activity is detected, refer to the local authorities. Review surveillance cameras and monitor crowds as needed. Establish and review the identification required to enter the building or property. Verify all doors, windows and gates are secure on the property on a rotating schedule. Escort released employees off the property as well as any other trespassers.
- Investigation – Respond to any alerts of suspicious activity. If a person is under suspicion of criminal activity, secure the environment and person, and report to the local authorities. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Security guard training preferred
- Supervision or military experience required
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds, stand or sit for long periods, and detain an individual if necessary
ASYMCA is a organization dedicated to our military both active and retired as well as their families. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes ASYMCA priorities.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $10.00 - $14.00 per hour
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.
Powered by JazzHR
Armed Services YMCA of The U S A
AddressHarker Heights, TX
Real EstateView all jobs at Armed Services YMCA of The U S A