The DLP Architect assists in the implementation of multiple DLP solutions and provides subject matter expertise and thought leadership as a primary contact for DLP design, best practices, system performance, issue troubleshooting, and incident handling for DLP operations. The DLP Architect should be able to analyze an environment and propose appropriate solutions to meet given needs. The DLP Architect must be an excellent communicator, as they will be called on to interact with many different types of constituents as a thought leader and expert on DLP. The DLP Architect must be willing to own the development of solutions and problem solving.
Required Experience & Education:
8 years of experience and Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business or technical discipline. 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining a comprehensive Data Loss Prevention (DLP) program to cover four main cyber protection areas of: Storage, Endpoint, Network, and Cloud.
- Support DLP functional and use case requirements to ensure VA compliance with the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule, Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, Privacy Act, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other laws and regulations pertaining to the protection of sensitive VA data.
- Act as technical Subject Matter Expert on data security standards, operations, and technologies by performing ongoing research on industry trends, best practices, and new technologies on the market.
- Aid in the management and administration of vulnerability scanning infrastructure (hardware and software)
- Stabilize and optimize DLP system performance, including rules and reports.
- Assist with DLP component upgrades, installs, testing and configuration.
- Proactively communicate relevant technical information and alerts on known issues, hot fixes, new releases, etc.
- Provide regular status reports for critical incidents, projects and proactive services.
- Communicate professionally and effectively at all organizational levels.
- Very minimal travel may be required.
- Advanced cybersecurity and DLP knowledge and understanding of industry-accepted data processing controls and concepts as applied to access management and network security technologies, hardware, software, data, network communications, and people
- 8+ years of expertise with Data Loss Prevention, Data Protection, or Insider Threat security programs
- Cybersecurity/DLP Expert in at least one of the following cyber-protection areas: Endpoint, Cloud, Network, and Storage
- Knowledge of Varonis, McAfee DLP, EnCase Forensic, HEAT, Ivanti, Cisco Email Security Appliance (ESA) and Netskope, or similar products
- Working knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule, HITECH Act, Privacy Act, NIST guidelines, FISMA, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other laws and regulations pertaining to the protection of sensitive PHI/PII data.
- Experience building and maturing information security programs
- Experience managing and responding to audit and compliance requests
- Experience with SEIM and SOAR, preferably in a DLP context
- Coordination of vendor support services, issues, and escalation
- Experience managing internal governance functions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of cloud services (AWS, Azure, others)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Resilience, positivity, integrity, humility, and drive
- CISSP and other advanced technical security certifications (e.g. Information Systems Security Architecture Professional, Information Security Engineering Professional, Certification and Accreditation Professional, or equivalent certifications) preferred
- Data Loss Prevention project experience in a US government agency or extremely large corporate environment preferred
Why Work Here?Armavel is a fast-growing IT Security and Compliance company that has built a culture founded on a values-first philosophy. We are passionate about delivering results that are timely and world class via an environment that has all the ingredients for our people to thrive. With this in mind, we seek out candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics: honesty, humility, hustle, empathy, resilience, and positivity. These attributes are vital to our company’s growth and are our first priority in our hiring decisions.
We're a fast-growing company with a fast-paced environment where you can use and grow your skills continuously. Come work hard with us!