Cloud Architect/Engineer (REMOTE)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Armavel is seeking a Cloud Architect/Engineer with experience in identifying requirements for application architecture, identifying strategies for addressing requirements, performing assessments, creating an architecture vision, making and disseminating design choices, establishing and enforcing enterprise standards, and best practices. Must have extensive experience in software development life cycle, high volume and high availability networks, and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and paradigms.
- Work in an agile DevSecOps environment, which includes assessment, design, development, re-architecture, enhancement, deployment and operations and maintenance processes and procedures, and which has the goal of continuously improving the cloud program, technical, and operational framework required to deliver and manage cloud migration capabilities effectively and efficiently.
- Apply knowledge of enterprise IT or engineering needs to design improved applications, generate valid requirements, and ensures that these are consistent with the customer's enterprise technical architecture
- Conduct architectural analysis and review, application integration, provide guidance to developers, and ensure adherence to best practices as well as the customer's business objectives
- Conduct architectural design with focus on planning, deploying, and supporting system improvements
- Collaborate with key stakeholders assessing As-Is environment, construct a To-Be vision based on strategic goals, and a roadmap to achieve the To-Be solution
- Lead human centered design, business process re-engineering efforts
- Conduct feasibility studies, develop cost estimates, and prepare business cases for the application of IT solutions
- Serve as the gatekeeper for workloads and data transitioning into the customer’s environment to ensure they are consistent with the agreed upon standards and architecture.
- Troubleshoot customer technical issues in real time
- Translate business needs into an executable technical design and roadmap
- Prototype solutions to ensure alignment to requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in a solutions delivery role, with at least 5 years working in an AWS/Azure environment: ideating, architecting, consulting, designing, developing, leading, and delivering cloud infrastructure and cloud application platform technology solutions over the entire lifecycle of large scale, multi-team, complex enterprise projects
- Experience in more than one of the following technical domains: Core Infrastructure, Application Development, Data and Analytics, and Low Code/No Code
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in leading system architecture and system development projects (full lifecycle) with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience using traditional SQL databases including experience developing SQL (DDL, DML) queries
- Excellent systems integration experience using RESTful APIs and/or Web Services
- Extensive experience with ITSM/ITIL concepts, DevSecOps methods and practices, terminology, and processes
- Competent communication skills, both orally and in writing to convey complex technical concepts to less technical audiences.
- Able to pass a background check to obtain a Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Must possess strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated experience working with senior level stakeholders and development teams
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Certification: AWS Solutions Architect Expert OR Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Previous Federal Government experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to foster collaborative work in dynamic team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels in an organization.
TechnologyView all jobs at Armavel, LLC
Get fresh Cloud Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.