This is a full-time position that provides professional and administrative support to the Client & Broker Services Department of Armada. This person will directly report to the Director, Client Management for supervision purposes. The Associate Account Manager manages a book of business with a key focus on retention and client loyalty, while acting with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making. The Associate Account Manager provides professional, courteous service to our clients, brokers and members, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations.
Armada Employee Standards:
· Support Armada benchmarks and meet company goals
· Be a team player
· Sustain a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude at all times
· Accommodate requests with a smile and “let me see what I can do” attitude
· Adhere to supervisor directives
· Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
· Arrive prior to the scheduled starting time, properly dressed and prepared to work
· Perform all duties in a timely, accurate, honest, and professional manner
· Respond to a variety of broker and client-level inquiries, from operational to informational; including day-to-day contact on the Broker and Client Services support lines
· Develops and maintains good working relationships with clients, brokers and members
· Collaborates with Sales Team to develop renewal plan and, as appropriate, delivers renewal offers to clients and brokers; follows-up to assure renewals are secured
· Delivers superior customer services by maintaining contact with clients and making proactive calls on a regular basis
· Maintains detailed knowledge of new and existing products by closely working with colleagues
· Ensures credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products
· Acts as liaison between brokers, clients and members to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience based judgment to resolve; troubleshoots claims and billing issues
· Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business (region-focused)
· Manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings when necessary
· Work with clients and brokers in assigned region to manage implementation process; including but not limited to: paperwork distribution, collection, client education and coordination of onboarding presentations
· Implement new clients, create and update plans
· Appropriately documents conversations with clients and brokers and updates all computer systems when necessary; ensures accuracy of data in those systems
· Such other duties or tasks to assist the department of organization as the supervisor may deem necessary
· BA/BS degree
· 2+ years managing complex client accounts and relationships
· General understanding of health insurance
· Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively in order to meet client deadlines
· Ability to manage client expectations and understand the impact both administratively and financially
· Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· A professional appearance and telephone manner is essential.
· Must have a good command of the English language, oral, and written.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Ability to maintain confidentially
· Needs to be receptive to and accepting guidance from others
· Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
· Able to work well in a team environment
· Able to work in a diverse group of people
· Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
· Sit for long periods of time
· Lift 10-50 pounds