Engineering Manager - Assisting Director of Engineering
- Expired: January 31, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Engineering Manager. Are you someone whoispassionateaboutpeople,drivenby purpose, andcleverin your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here atArlowe strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more".....
The Engineering Manager is responsible for assisting the Area Director of Engineering and effectively leading the engineering team in the execution of all maintenance of the overall hotel. From essential upgrading, installation and necessary purchase of all HVAC systems, mechanical, electrical and related equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty & integrity.
- Assists in overseeing the Engineering Department & Life Safety aspects throughout the building.
- Communicates effectively to staff using tools such as development reviews, training, departmental orientation and monthly departmental meetings.
- Motivates and develops team members.
- Create preventive maintenance programs for consistency of the product
- Ensures updated safe work environment
- Participates and oversees Safety Program of Arlo Hotels.
- Is an inspirational leader able to motivate team members to be consistently engaged in serving others, always looking for that opportunity.
- Is organized and meticulous, utilizing a broad knowledge of building systems and mechanical operations to ensure operational efficiency and reliability
- Is a team player that supports the hotel operations team and is willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure the guest expectations are met and exceeded
- Assisting in selection, development and leadership of all Engineering team members in a building environment
- Partner with development and construction teams to turn over hotel to operations including: participation in construction meetings, punch of space and rooms, receipt and installation of FF&E, etc.
- Management of all building systems, maintenance and repair to consistently provide all guests and team members with fully operational amenities and facilities
- Organize, schedule and oversee minor repairs across the building including needs of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and aesthetic disciplines including painting
- Assess proactive and reactive mechanical needs, determining appropriate repair strategy and, as needed, select vendors and contractors to complete work throughout the building as assigned
- Execute the preventative maintenance program to ensure all public areas and machinery are serviced and updated according to schedule in order to prevent major breakdowns
- With this job, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our guests, team members, investors and communities. We are looking for someone that understands what it means to live and emulate the culture.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred. Vocational training in Electrical, HVAC or Building Systems preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years previous building maintenance leadership experience required. Prior hotel/resort maintenance experience in a full-service luxury or boutique environment required.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Programs required. Must display ability to work with general computer operations. Experience with Google Apps or other web-based communication programs helpful.
- Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal. Conversational abilities in other languages helpful.
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests' interests and needs are always primary. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly. Must be able to access all areas of the resort across varied terrain and footing.
- Fire Safety Director (must obtain up to 6-9 months after employment commences)
- S12 City Wide Sprinkler System (must obtain up to 30 days after employment commences)
- S13 City Wide Standpipe System (must obtain up to 30 days after employment commences)
- EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification (Preferable)
- P99 Low PSI Oil Burner Operator (must obtain up to 30 days after employment commences)
- P98 Fuel Piping (must obtain up to 30 days after employment commences)
NOTE - Obtaining and/or maintaining any government required licenses, certificates or permits are mandatory for the credibility of employment. Should a team member not adhere to these requirements; management may look into discontinuation of employment with Helix Hotel Management.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, engineering staff may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Rate of Pay: $75,000.00 per Year
AddressMiami Beach, FL
Get fresh Hotel Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.