Busy urgent care facilities in need of part time a medical assistant or LPN to work along side providers, radiology technologists and medical receptionist.
Duties include :
• Obtain patient history, assess/triage patient, measure vital signs, and record information on chart
• Administer injections, medications, eye and ear irrigation, dress/bandage wounds and incisions, and assist provider with any procedures.
• Perform diagnostic tests including eye exams, electrocardiograph, defibrillator, oxygen equipment, pulse ox, peak flow and inhalation treatment equipment.
•Perform CLIA‐waived lab tests, draw blood, and collect, label, and process specimens for send‐out.
• Complete medical chart to include medical services rendered, test results, and supplies used.
• Perform patient call backs, arrange referrals and testing, and schedule follow‐up appointments.
• Monitor disposable inventory and place orders for medical supplies and pharmaceuticals.
• Perform quality checks on medical equipment.
• Assist registration staff and perform additional clerical duties as necessary
- High school diploma, or equivalent and graduate of accredited program for Medical Assisting.
- Two years medical experience.
- Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology.
- CPR certification.
- Ability to work all shifts including day, night, and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to escort or transport patient by wheelchair or stretcher when appropriate.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Types 25 words per minute with 96% accuracy.
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Columbus, OH
- Medical assisting: 1 year
- Nursing: 1 year