Arts Enrichment Specialist
Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA Arlington, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the direction of the Director of Child Watch and Enrichment, the Arts Enrichment Specialist is responsible for conducting physiologically sound, effective, safe, and enjoyable art-based classes for the branch enrichment program. The specialist will facilitate the development of creative expression for our members using various art specialties to stimulate their talents. This may be accomplished by providing excellent leadership, up-to-date and quality instruction, and high energy motivation, as well as thorough exceptional customer service to YMCA participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all members in the class.
- Serve as a positive role model to all participants.
- Provide adequate supervision of assigned participants at all times.
- Help participants explore their own creativity by planning diverse specialty programming.
- Teach effective, safe and enjoyable classes using proper techniques.
- Adapt class level to meet the objectives of the participants and offer a variety of modifications as needed.
- Responsible for the care, safety and handling of program supplies.
- Maintain inventory and organization of specialty supplies and order supplies while adhering to a budget.
- Provide clear explanations, verbal and visual cues.
- Responsible for class set-up and clean-up.
- Work collaboratively with the branch leadership on special events & programs.
- Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency procedures.
- Communicate YMCA policies, programs, and event information to class participants and parents.
- Report all injuries and unsafe conditions by completing an incident report immediately and submitting it to your supervisor.
- Apply and comply with all YMCA policies and procedures and exemplify the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
- Adhere to all risk management and safety practices of the Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Obtain an approved substitute instructor when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school graduate/GED
- Art-based specialty experience required, 1 year preferred in areas such as arts and crafts, science, theatre, and/or cooking
- Ability to set up demonstration area and program, and to teach skills to participants of all ages.
- Physically able to lead class at the appropriate level for the participants
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, speaking politely, clearly, and articulating accurate information
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations appropriately
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must demonstrate good moral character
- Commitment to YMCA mission, vision and goals
- Must be able to work effectively with a diversity of people, different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and all ages. Interacts regularly with members, volunteers, staff and other community leaders.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Arlington-Mansfield Area YMCA