Veterinary Hospital Seeking Passionate People
Do you have a passion for animals? Are you looking how to incorporate that into a job?
We are seeking people to join our team of dedicated care givers. Our practice is focused on providing wellness care, vaccinations, internal medicine, dentistry, and surgery for dogs and cats. While previous experience at a veterinary hospital or equivalent education is preferred, we are willing to train the right person. This may be the opportunity you are looking for to join an exciting and growing profession.
As a Veterinary Assistant, you will assist the doctor and staff by providing care and services in a compassionate manner to our patients and their owners. You will be responsible for assisting with examinations and diagnostic procedures, feeding and caring for animals, educating clients, and maintaining medical records.
Our full-time roles are 35-40 hours per week. Some weekend hours (Saturday and Sunday) are required on a rotational basis.
• Interact with owners/clients by taking a medical history; reviewing health care plans and records; completing laboratory tests and studies; and diagnostic imaging.
• Assist the doctor during animal examinations by preparing the required supplies and instruments; securing and bringing animals to examination room; restraining animals; providing assistance as directed; and explaining animal's discharge instructions and medications to the owners.
• Provide care for animals by taking temperatures; collecting specimen samples; and administering medications and drugs as directed.
• Complete daily treatments for hospitalized animals/patients including: walking, feeding, cleaning, medication administration and observing for clinical signs of disease.
• Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by sanitizing and disinfecting cages; storing sterile supplies; verifying shelf life of medications and supplies; following hospital standards and procedures; and complying with legal regulations.
• Complete required documentation of animal health records to include the animal's condition, reactions, and changes, and the general updating of the medical database.
• Willingness to consistently learn new information
• Prior experience at a veterinary hospital or equivalent education is preferred; however training is available
• Prior experience in a customer service setting (greeting clients, computer skills, etc.)
• Demonstrate ability to learn new skills and increase knowledge by participating in continuing education opportunities.
References and Resumes are required
More than 40 years later, Dr. Robert Miller is still practicing at the hospital he first started, though it is now under the ownership of his son, Dr. R. Dale Miller II, who took the reigns in 2007 after working in emergency veterinary medicine in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Over the years, Arlington Heights Veterinary Hospital has become a mainstay of the Bloomington community, providing compassionate, professional veterinary care to cats, dogs and now exotics with the addition of Dr Giem. Our practice takes great responsibility in caring for animal companions, because we understand how important a pet can be to you and your family. Continuing what was started those 40 years ago, the scope of our practice increases every day.