Value Stream Manager
Arktura Gardena, CA
- Posted: 27 days ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Felt and Final Assembly Value Stream Manager
Arktura is an industry-leading manufacturer of cutting-edge architectural systems and innovative custom solutions, driven by state-of-the-art design & manufacturing technology. We are currently seeking a hands-on technical Value Stream Manager to join our team of architects, designers, engineers, machinists and software developers at our Los Angeles location.
You will be responsible for the quality and volume of the team’s output of Acoustical manufactured product. You should be an expert in knife-cutting machines, flat-bed printing and assembly. Additional duties above managing the production process includes set-up, developing test procedures, quality procedures, programming, troubleshooting, and of course supervision and team building. This position includes working with the product team and Design engineers to troubleshoot any design issues and facilitate fabrication decisions. As well as being a change agent to drive out waste throughout the manufacturing operation through the deployment of the Lean methodology, while being responsible for identification of continuous improvement initiatives. You will be fully self-directed in the completion of day-to-day tasks. Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring quality, on-time delivery, priority setting, and adherence to standards.
- Manage, drive and lead the daily operations of the value steam by using LEAN/continuous improvement initiatives to align production and support staff’s activities to achieve desired metrics (safety, quality, delivery and cost metrics), achieve short-and long-term strategic goals, and ensure customer goals and requirements are met.
- Decrease scrap levels and identify all forms of waste for elimination.
- Conduct OTD analysis, update sales and develop value stream budgets.
- Provide engineering recommendations to management and guide product development for manufacturability
- Provide programming, program proofing and set up for Felt and Final Assembly machines and flatbed printers
- Lead and oversee quality management and execution to cost and schedule
- Maintain awareness of the production team to assure quality excellence, timely completion of work and reviews, appropriate use of resources, and responsiveness to customer / program needs
- Provide sustaining manufacturing support by communicating technical and business information between product and engineering.
- Drive the development and application of consistent manufacturing practices, standards and software tools
- Communicate with management on technical, quality, organizational, resource and personnel issues.
- Execute, manage and coordinate department’s vacation schedule to ensure adequate coverage and completion of departments work products.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing and resolving issues.
- Conduct safety investigations as needed and perform 5S audits/safety training.
- You will establish departmental standards of performance and productivity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering is a plus
- Requires 5 years minimum of engineering design/production experience in a supervisory role.
- Lean manufacturing concepts experience (layouts, material, performance to Takt, etc)
- 5+ years of Felt and Final Assembly programming/operating/oversight
- 1-3 years experience with graphics printing using flatbed inkjet and UV printers.
- 2+ years experience with SolidWorks, Rhino 3D or other CAD software
- 1+ years experience with Excel and other Microsoft Products or willing to learn.
- Strong attention to detail required
- ISO 9000, Six Sigma and Lean experience is desirable.
- Effective team building ability.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience in a sheet metal manufacturing environment.
- The selected applicant should be a fast-thinking problem solver and should thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Believes in the continuous improvement philosophy
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintain excellent attendance and timeliness; ability to work mandatory overtime
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 pounds
- Frequently lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds using mechanical equipment
- Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, grasp, and perform repetitive motions
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Climb ladders of varying heights
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
Benefits and Perks
The Benefits! - Include health care, 401k, paid time off and professional development.
Working at Arktura is the best! We have an inclusive culture with a reputation for creativity and excellence.
At Arktura, we make design happen. Creativity, expert knowledge and cutting-edge technology shape everything we do whether it's exploring form and function in our standard architectural product, adapting our pre-configured architectural systems to meet project needs, or partnering with clients through our Solutions Studio. Our multidisciplinary team brings together architects, designers, programmers, engineers and artists with a deep understanding of the creative process. We use our collective ingenuity to bridge the gaps between design intent and manufacturing capabilities, creating proprietary software and machinery to meet evolving demands.
Arktura is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Arktura is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ArkturaWhy Work Here?
Amazing products, fun and safe environment.
At Arktura, we make design happen. Creativity, expert knowledge and cutting-edge technology shape everything we do whether it's exploring form and function in our standard architectural product, adapting our pre-configured architectural systems to meet project needs, or partnering with clients through our Solutions Studio. Our multidisciplinary team brings together architects, designers, programmers, engineers, machinist and artists with a deep understanding of the creative process. We use our collective ingenuity to bridge the gaps between design intent and manufacturing capabilities, creating proprietary software and machinery to meet evolving demands. Arktura is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
18225 S Figueroa StGardena, CA