Data Analyst - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary responsibility of a Data Analyst is to perform complex analysis in an evolving data environment. The ability to extract and analyze data, clean and combine disparate data sets, and identify patterns and trends is needed, with the subsequent ability to query and synthesize the data into information consumable by client stakeholders and senior business decision makers. In this role, the Data Analyst will analyze and visualize data on a project basis to enhance and develop data products and reporting tools for Arkos stakeholders and to provide insights on operational efficiency. Responsible for the full lifecycle of analytic activities to include: requirements gathering and data modeling, development of analytic tools and reporting capabilities, meaningful contributions to data product development and continuous monitoring of performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. Their analysis, reporting initiatives, and recommendations will support operational efficiency, product development, and strategic decision making.
This role is with US Health Systems, an Arkos Health Company. Arkos serves health plans and provider organizations an integrated system-of-care comprised of clinical and social services backed by a robust technology platform. By engaging individuals with virtual, in-home, in-clinic and in-facility care options, Arkos Health delivers advanced community-based health services that allow our clients to live healthier, more independent lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clearly and concisely communicate complex business logic, technical requirements, and design recommendations through iterative solutions
- Select and use appropriate tools to perform data extraction, modeling, transformation, cleansing, loading, and interpretation
- Fluent in SQL within an analytical database, data warehouse, or data lake and in business intelligence tools
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources such as commercially available datasets, EMR systems, internal Arkos data stores, and other repository system and design systems, processes and templates for capturing data then gather and analyze the results
- Able to write complex SQL including multi-table joins, grouping and aggregation, common table expressions, and conditional filters
- Maintain databases/data systems including developing and implementing data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Provide consultation, recommendations and assistance to Arkos stakeholders in implementing data extraction routines
- Review reports, and performance indicators to locate and correct data issues or gaps
- Develop data extracts and reports by interpreting requirements gathered from stakeholders, design the appropriate reports and identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Document procedures for future reference
- Work closely with the product team to identify business and information needs
- May develop software utilizing various software development tools
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care or Financial studies, or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in healthcare or managed care setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical and organizational skills are required
- Extensive problem solving experience is required
- Ability to multi-task, shifting back and forth effectively between two or more activities or sources of information
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Fully paid employee medical/dental/vision/life/short term disability
- Employer matching 401(k)
- Annual sick/PTO with 9 paid holidays
Must complete our Culture Index Survey. Take the assessment at https://portal.cultureindex.com/public/survey/general/bg3VS0H2kF. This is not a pass/fail test and does not measure intelligence.
Arkos Health EEO Statement
All Arkos Health divisions are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
Arkos Health is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TechnologyView all jobs at Arkos Health