ACI provides construction services, facility support and maintenance for over 300 businesses in the Baton Rouge area. We’re looking for a professional who can take the initiative and help anticipate problems before they occur. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with tenants, visitors and anyone else he or she encounters on the job. Duties can vary from day to day and a maintenance schedule may be implemented so time management is required
Responsibilities, (other duties may be assigned)
- Perform general building maintenance and repairs.
- Use basic carpentry and painting skills to fix walls, floors, and doors including dock doors.
- Evaluate, maintain and repair plumbing systems such as drains, faucets, valves, and lines.
- Evaluate, maintain and repair fixtures, ballasts, switches, and outlets.
- Evaluate, maintain and repair building systems
- HVAC maintenance
- Communicate with facilities management about any work that requires outside expert assistance
- Maintain and enforce corporate safety procedures at all times
- High school degree or general education degree (GED), two year technical degree desired.
- 1+ years of plumbing, drywall installation, painting, and electrical maintenance.
- 1+ years’ experience in varied types of building maintenance.
- Valid driver’s license and appropriate motor vehicle record preferred.
- Ability to use hand and power tools proficiently
- Experience moving heavy equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, and scissor lifts.
- Ability to multitask through various projects and work orders.
- High communication skills (must be able to communicate effectively with tenants, visitors and others on the job)