Arkansas Internal Medicine Clinic is looking for Medical Biller or Medical Billing Specialist. Must have experience. Good Benefit and Good Pay. Including Paid PTO, Paid Sick Day, Paid Personal Day Off, Paid Holiday, Paid 401K, Paid Long Term Disability. Paid Life Insurance. We are a small office and must have team players.
- Ability to receives and bill and post hospital and Clinic charges. Prepares and transmits insurance claims upon receipt of discharge summary or on an appropriate interim basis. Reviews action on and status of Account Receivable aging report monthly and weekly with the Office Manager.
- Prepares and transmits insurance claims. Assists patients with follow-up on extensive delays in payment of claims.
- Review all insurance explanation of benefits to verify accuracy of payment. Prepares and answers correspondence to and from insurance carriers concerning insurance submissions. This includes written telephone and electronic inquiries as appropriate.
- Ability to work with Insurance company and patient to get claims processed and paid.
- Ability to post Explanation of Benefits ( EOB).
- Ability to read and understand Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
- Ability to work on Appeals and rejected claims.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience with medical accounting software a must, including electronic claim submission and status inquiry
- Experience with CPT and ICD Coding
- Experience in Collections
- Possess current insurance plan knowledge
- Must possess the tact required for situation that involve dealing with patients to secure payment of delinquent accounts
- Possess ability to evaluate the patient’s ability to pay
- Ability to understand and carry out complex instructions and be able to work on task simultaneously
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality by HIPAA standards
- Ability to pay attention to details
Job Type: Full-time