Hear from our employees about what it's like working at Arkansas Federal Credit Union.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
One of the primary goals is to help develop a highly effective team of employees to their highest potential through coaching and leadership. Responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is delivered to both internal and external members. A key component of this position is to identify members' financial needs and suggests appropriate Credit Union solutions while balancing the risk and reward of credit decisions while minimizing liability to the credit union and consequently, directly impacting the overall financial performance of the commercial loan portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify potential opportunities for business lending opportunities utilizing market knowledge and regional centers of influence to achieve goals.
- Develop new business by contacting prospects.
- Maintain an active calling program to achieve goals and objectives.
- Develop existing business member relationships.
- Actively cross-sell credit union products.
- Interview loan applicants. Collect and analyze financial's, conduct site visits and review other supporting data determine creditworthiness of the applicant.
- Negotiate terms, pricing and loan structure in accordance with policy.
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of the preliminary analysis of financial statements, tax returns, collateral appraisals, and other pertinent business information used to determine the creditworthiness of the applicants.
- Responsible for review of loan agreement, and proper lien documentation, filing, and perfection, to ensure the protection of the credit union's interest.
- Work closely with credit analysts to ensure timely and thorough review of the loan application.
- Review and decision loans within designated lending authority.
- Approve loans in accordance with policy and up to an amount set forth in policy.
- Prepare and present loan requests to Sr. Management and/or Loan Committees.
- Manage an existing loan portfolio.
- Monitor assigned portfolio and loan repayment activities. Proactively collect from past-due accounts.
- In conjunction with the Credit Analyst, responsible for annual review assigned portfolio.
- Manage collection and loan workout processes when necessary. Negotiate terms, costs, repayment schedule and collateral requirements.
- Maintain contact and ensure continued good relations with business partners.
- Have a complete knowledge of compliance with all laws and regulations governing the origination, processing, closing and collecting of commercial loans or accounts.
- Ensure the protection of the credit union by adhering to policy, laws and regulations, proper documentation exercise of sound credit decisions.
- Participate in community and business events to promote the credit union's visibility and develop new business prospects.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 7 years related experience and/or training, and 5 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Arkansas Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.